Archer C7 - AP mode ignores the WiFi MAC Filter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-28 06:35:55
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

The Archer C7 is in AP Mode.

I noticed that the WiFi MAC Filter definitions which I set for it in Router Mode are ignored.

Moreover, in AP Mode the option to use the WiFi MAC Filter is disabled!

It doesn't exist in the menu.

Please help with this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - AP mode ignores the WiFi MAC Filter
2020-05-28 08:55:02

@Nn7 

Do you mean Access Control function on Archer C7 V5, as Archer C7 V5 doesn't support Wireless MAC filtering anymore?

If you mean Access Control, yes, it will not available when the router works in AP mode, refer here for more details.

Options
2020-05-28 09:32:48

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I mean Access Control.

That's discouraging, I never thought that Access Control would be disabled in AP mode.

Archer C7 has separate "Access Control" for Wireless (WiFi) and Wired connections.

Assume that you have a product which is only an Wireless (WiFi) Access Point:

As an WiFi Access Point, you'd expect that the device would allow Access Control for its WiFi interface.

The router to which the AP is connected is unaware of the Wireless interface of the device, thus it thinks that all clients are connected by wire.

That's standard request. Reasoning:

When a device is connected to a router by a wired connection, that's inevitably means that the device is allowed.

This is totally different than wireless connection, via which anybody "can connect" because that a physical barrier to the router is nonexistent.

Options
2020-06-03 19:46:37

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla,

Could you please reply to the above?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1082

Replies: 3

Related Articles