TP-Link Archer C6 slow download speed over Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-03 20:44:23
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200402 rel.52000(4555)

Bought this router last week, download speed over cable is 600+/- MB down and 900+/-MB up.

When connected over 5.0GHz it's 250+/- MB down and 150+/- MB up.

When connected over 2.4GHz it's 50+/- MB down and 13+/- MB up.

Your advertising with a router that has 300 on the 2.4 side and 867 on the 5.0 side.

Please provide feedback, other wise i will return the product.

LAN:

5.0Ghz:

2.4Ghz:

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C6 slow download speed over Wi-Fi
2020-06-04 16:17:29

@neet64 

Everything is normal here. Declared wifi transfer should always be divided into 2, what are the networks in the background? What is the wifi card?
Options
2020-11-02 13:52:02

@Kreco Same issue for my archer c6

Version: V2

Firmware version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

In internet service provider lan showing download and upload speed is 50MBPS 

after same internet cable connect to Wifi i am getting only Download speed upto 10MBPS  and Upload speed getting 0.88.

Please help on this if same router checked in internet service Provider head office i am getting 50 MBPS Download and Upload.

after coming to my home and pluged main internet cable i am getting attached speed.

Options
2020-11-06 11:54:43

@garineuday 

Hello, please help verify some details, and we will try to fix it together:
1. Without any other devices connected when the speed on the computer drops significantly, please connect one computer to the C6 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.
And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2265.html
2. What is the speed tested on the Tether app? It might be different from that on your computer, we may think the Tether speed is more like the connection speed between the router and your internet, which would be different from the speed you can get on the computer, while we can verify it first.
3. Do you enable any QoS setting on the router? Kindly show me the QoS setting page on your C6, try to disable it then check again.

4. If the wired connection speed from the C6 is good, try a mobile app to analyze the surrounding Wi-Fi, review all the channels in 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Next, review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz and 5GHz to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

Options
2021-07-23 20:15:32

@neet64 

For me this is the same. :/ I have a connection between my modem and TP-Link router via cable (1Gbps). This is working well. I connect my laptop into the router through cable. This is OK, too. When I have a connection between the my computer/mobile/etc via WiFi (both 2.4 and 5 GHz for several channels) the internet connection is maximum 20Mbps. The uplaod link is OK, I have proble only with the downlaod link. If there is no solution, I will bring back the product. :/

Options
2021-12-06 21:20:58

@neet64 

Same issue here!
Still no fix.... :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6341

Replies: 5

Related Articles