TL-PA9020P Significant speed drop after inactivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 19:05:13
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: -

I've been using this product for just over a year with no faults, until the past couple months. The product is only ever connected to either a games console or a PC, and of course the other end is connected to the router. When the device is connected to either the games console or PC and there is no usage of internet for roughly 5 minutes, the download and upload speed drops significantly. With the device working properly, there will be download speeds of up to 80mbps, whereas after a short time of inactivity, this will drop to below 1mbps although still being connected to the internet. I was wondering if this is a known issue or if there is anyway to resolve this seen as though I don't believe it is something to do with my ISP as this issue is not happening with any other device connected through wireless.

Thanks in advance.

(Apologies for the no firmware version, even after following the steps under 'not clear' on the support page I was unable to understand where exactly to retrive it from.)

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA9020P Significant speed drop after inactivity
2020-06-08 08:26:40

@r_bell7 

Try to turn off the power-saving mode on the powerline device if it is enabled:

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters?

Options
Re:TL-PA9020P Significant speed drop after inactivity
2020-06-08 15:22:05

@Solla-topee Thanks for your response. I didn't even know that there was a power-saving mode on the device, installed the utility app and disabled the mode on both adaptors, thanks for the help! Hopefully it works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 2