TL-PA8010P Speed Drop Regardless of distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-10 00:53:47 - last edited 2020-06-10 00:58:03
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Not mentionwd

Hi. I have installed the TL-PA8010P and currently experiencing only half of the speed that I am supposed to get when paired with TL-WPA-8630P

I have tried changing locations and its the same.

I have actually stacked the units together, and placed them at power sockets just right beside one another and to my surprise the speed is still HALF and same as per when I plugged it at a power socket on another room on the second floor (est 30m distance)

Is there any configuration in these two units that actually limits the internet speed?

my internet speed: 300mbps

obtained speed in all tests 120-150mbps (including putting side by side power socket and stacked)

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA8010P Speed Drop Regardless of distance
2020-07-10 02:43:07

@Saifuddin 

Hello,

For the slow speed issue, please try the following the suggestions:

1. Please only connect one end-device to the powerline unit by cable/WIFI and check whether the wireless or wired speed is slow? 

2. Please try the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ:  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2231/

3. Please relocate the Powerline units in the same room or plug into the same power strip to do the test speed again.    

(Note: during speed tests, do not run any high bandwidth activities like P2P download, gaming, or video streaming.)

If the issue persists, please let us know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in details and help confirm some information:

1. Please send us the Photos of speed test results from the main router and Powerline units.  

2. The photo of the Powerline rate on tpPLC Utility.

3. May I know the hardware on the label of the powerline unit and the firmware version on tpPLC Utility?

4. When did you buy the powerline devices and when did the issue begin?

Hope it can work and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 596

Replies: 1