Adding TL-WPA4220 WiFi to existing TL-PA4010P Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-12 16:47:31 - last edited 2020-06-16 09:23:08
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm not familiar with all the network expressions, so please bear with me,

I currently have an AV500 Powerline Adaptor (TL-PA4010P), which works well.

It has two parts - one part that plugs into the mains (Powerline Adapter?) and accepts the ethernet input from the router and the other part (receiver?) that plugs in another room (bedroom) where the internet connected device (a Sonos speaker) is connected. So far, so good.

My question is  - can I add to this system with a unit that will plug into a power socket and put out a WiFi signal? Would this be a TL-WPA4220? This is because I want to use devices (tablets/phones) in the garage that only accept wi-fi (cannot an ethernet cable to them) and the WiFi does not reach there. I want to use Zwift on one tablet in the garage, and Zoom at same time on a separate tablet also in the garage.The garage is detached from the house and approximately 100-200m from the router. 

Please can you advise whether this is possible with my existing setup or what other setup might suit my needs. The transmission rate is probably not my primary concern, rather a reliable signal is.

I hope the above is understandable. I just want to have wifi output in my garage and wonder whether a powerline product will fit my needs adding to the product I already have, or whether I need to buy a new kit  - perhaps https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-wpa4220/ - but this product is AV600 (whatever that means), so will this work with my AV500 Powerline Adapter?

I have checked that the signal can get to the garage OK as I've temporarily put the non-WiFI receiving unit (TP-PA4010P?) in the garage with my Sonos speaker connected via a short ethernet cable and it works OK. So the powerline signal transmission works OK. I just need to know what unit I need to receive the signal in the garage and put out wifi? Wil the TL-WPA4220 do the trick or do I need something else or better to replace what I have already and start afresh? Lowest cost option preferred!

Any help gratefully received, as I'm confusing myself.

Norry

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding TL-WPA4220 WiFi to existing TL-PA4010P Kit
2020-07-09 04:51:15

@NorryP 

Hello,

For your situation, if your garage and your home are under the same electrical meter, then you can use the TL-WPA4220 to extend the wifi signal in your garage.

The AV500 is compatible with AV600, so you don't need to worry about it.

Here is a FAQ you can refer to know more details about how to choose a powerline product:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2725/

Hope it can work and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1139

Replies: 1

Related Articles