Issues with Archer A6 and C6 - Extremely slow speed on 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with Archer A6 and C6 - Extremely slow speed on 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
27 Reply
Re:Issues with Archer A6 and C6 - Extremely slow speed on 2.4GHz
2021-03-14 03:10:39

@Jcvdamme Sorry, looks like no one did. I'd suggest returning it and buying some other one, if you can. That's what I did.

Options
2021-03-14 03:14:54

@aTOMic1971 

aTOMic1971 wrote

@RSH99 

It seems that i could not help you in your case.

For 2.4ghz I can give you some tips:. 

Use wpa2 with aes only do not use mixed mode.

Use wireless mode g+n if your clients accept that. 

WMM and short gi should be enabled under systemparameters to get higher speed.

Disable MU Mimo for 5ghz when you dont need that.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards and good luck..

these are pretty much the standards from factory, so didnt help us out. But thanks

Options
2021-03-14 03:19:11
which one did you buy? ive waited one month to open it up so i cant return it anymore. Its gonna be a hassle to through this with support. My last tp link before this was a pain in the ass too. So id like to change brands.
Options
2021-03-14 03:25:25

@Jcvdamme Tenda AC1200 now. But beware the router UI doesn't have lots of advanced features like TP Link. But it has been great in terms of coverage and speed.

Options
2021-03-16 10:08:25

@Jcvdamme 

May I know what are the devices that connect to the 2.4G network? Please show us the link speed on them, you can check it as this if it is a computer:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

PS: what is the distance between the devices and the C6, are there walls between?

BTW, can you please also tell me the brand and model number of the adapter on it? You are suggested to update the driver of the wireless card on this PC first. If it is a phone, please also tell us the brand and model, thanks. 

Have you tried to modify the 5G wireless settings on the C6, such as wireless channel and channel width? It is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 40MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-16 01:46:11 - last edited 2021-05-16 02:04:19

@Kevin_Z 

I just this archer A6 a few days ago and i don't understand what happed to the 2.4ghz band.  Everyone says 5ghz is normal, but for our 2ghz devices its have went to a small fraction of what they were.  The roku in this room which is 7 feet from it, is getting 1mbps on roku test gives error code 018 warning to slow to stream.  But when i plug in my old rt-n66u which is 12 years old and multiple generations behind, i get 30 consistantly.  Surely there's something of in my settings? Or could 7 feet be too close? surely not idk.

In in access point mode cable coming into its lan port:  I tried with cable coming into wan port too, both ways work I could never find a clear answer which was better.  Wireless settings for 2.4 are:  wpa/wpa-2personal, wpa2-psk, aes, 802.11n only, 20mz width, high.  Smart connect disabled, it doesn't appear to work in AP mode.  TxBF,MU-MIMOdisabled. 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458(5553). Archer A6 v2.0. Channel 1, haven't tried 6 or 11 yet, but there not another active wireless in at least 50 yards.

I just don't get it.  If anything stands out in the settings you see please tell me

UPDATE:  Chanel 6 seems to have nearly fixed all the issues from channel 1.  I don't get it, there is no other house anywhere near me and no other wireless device.  Who knows.but its better.

Options
2021-05-17 05:35:06

@brentd 

You may monitor the connectivity when the 2.4G channel is fixed on 6 first. If there is still an issue, you can try to install the beta firmware on your Archer A6 as per its hardware, then disable the Onemesh feature on it to confirm:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/186586

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles