Home Plug QoS Traffic Types

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-14 12:48:24
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

In the tpPLC util I can set the QoS for each of the home plugs. I have 3 simple questions that I can't find an answer for via google or in the manuals.

1. - Is it best if all my homeplugs are set to the same QoS traffic type ?

2. - In what way does the QoS identify the types of traffic (e.g. - Online Gaming vs Audio and Video  traffic).

3. - Is there a setting that disables QoS and just allow all traffic equal priority?

The reason I'm asking these questions is because I want to be sure that using the Video Traffic type for the unit my TV is plugged into is actually going to make a difference and not throttle something I don't expect. I'm a network engineer and to me it seems unlikely the homeplug device will understand all possible combinations of Audio or Video streaming traffic types.

The QoS Traffic type is currently set to Online Gaming on all my homeplug units.

(I've also logged a support ticket to get the answer)

Thanks
Andy Sibthorp

Options
1 Reply
Re:Home Plug QoS Traffic Types
2020-06-17 13:35:18
What no response from anyone?
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 733

Replies: 1