Archer C7 - intermittend WAN (internet) access over WiFi, no issue via ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 10:39:26
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180305
Hi there,

I am able to connect to the internet and other local devices over a wired connection fine, but internet connectivity (WAN) drops out frequently over WiFi. This is usually fixed by powering the router off and on again, but seems to be occuring more and more frequently.

This router is connected to the primary cable modem router which handles the DHCP, but I have no other issues for devices connected to the C7 by ethernet - only WiFi. If I connect to the cable model router by WiFi directly, internet access is fine so it seems to be an issue with the C7. Not sure why there would be a difference for WiFi and ethernet however.

Kind regards
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - intermittend WAN (internet) access over WiFi, no issue via ethernet
2020-06-18 08:17:13

@adamziek 

Hello, may I know the Archer C7 is working in Router mode or as an Access Point? What if you disable the wireless connection on your modem router and only leave the Archer C7 wireless broadcasting?

If the Archer C7 is currently working in Router mode, try to change it to an Access Point, below is the guide:

How to configure the TP-Link 11N wireless router as Access Point?

However, if the wireless is still not stable on the Access Point, try to change the wireless settings such as wireless channel, channel width on it:

Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router​​​​​​​

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1

Related Articles