[Solution] 3/4G modem bound to another TP-Link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 21:26:58 - last edited 2023-10-12 11:20:04
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

Hi,

I purchased an Archer MR600 from a local retail store, which had previously been tested by another customer who had returned it back to the store.

Now when I try to activate the TP-Link Cloud account of my new device, it tells me that the router is already bound to another TP-Link ID.

How can I unbind the router from the previous account in order to complete the binding process for my own account?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
[Solution]bound to another TP-Link ID-Solution
2021-08-13 07:22:13 - last edited 2022-10-28 07:51:05

Update:

If you happen to see the following notification when trying to bind the router to your TP-Link ID,

Please refer to the following suggestions:

1. A factory reset would always be the first way to unbind it from the previous email.

(Normally, for the factory reset, you are supposed to hold the reset pinhole for 10s, then you will see all the lights turn off and then back on)

2. if a factory reset failed to unbind from the previous ID, please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

• MAC address of the modem( on the back label)
  • SN number
  • A copy of the purchasing receipt of the device

And another issue about the TP-Link ID you might have is, We understand there are times when you want your TP-Link account deleted, along with any information associated with the account. the following link will provide detailed instructions about how to delete your TP-Link ID-How can I delete my TP-Link cloud account?

Recommended Solution
Options
26 Reply
Re:MR600 bound to another TP-Link ID
2020-06-18 14:06:56
https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-mr600_v1/chapter-13-tp-link-cloud-service#ug-sub-title-3 simple: unbind the other cloud id and your cloud id.
Options
2020-06-18 16:28:56

I tried to follow the instructions on the linked web page, but when I try to login with my TP-Link ID, I just get the following error: "This router is bound to another TP-Link ID. Please log in with router's password, or contact the router's owner to add your TP-Link ID as a manager.”.

If I then log in using the router password, and go to Basic > TP-Link Cloud, I get again prompt to enter my TP-Link ID to log in. When I do that, I just get the same error as before.

So basically the expected TP-Link ID is unknown to me, and the device has been reset back to Factory settings after trying out the cloud account.

Options
2020-06-18 16:59:54
"and the device has been reset back to Factory settings after trying out the cloud account." than the reset failed, try again - press and hold the reset button at least 15 sec.
Options
2020-06-18 17:27:44 - last edited 2020-06-18 17:28:15

The factory reset does reset all settings, and then after a while the device reboots. After that I need to set new password to log in, and need to do the whole setup procedure.

It's just that it still won't allow to link my TP-Link ID with the device...

Options
2020-06-18 18:04:02

@tpen 

after the factory reset, the router still say "it's bound to another id" ??? wow

Options
2021-08-12 12:58:25

@Peli 

did you manage to tix this issue ?, factory reset doesn't change tp link cloud id settin g

still getting the same error inspite of factory default

Options
[Solution]bound to another TP-Link ID-Solution
2021-08-13 07:22:13 - last edited 2022-10-28 07:51:05

Update:

If you happen to see the following notification when trying to bind the router to your TP-Link ID,

Please refer to the following suggestions:

1. A factory reset would always be the first way to unbind it from the previous email.

(Normally, for the factory reset, you are supposed to hold the reset pinhole for 10s, then you will see all the lights turn off and then back on)

2. if a factory reset failed to unbind from the previous ID, please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

• MAC address of the modem( on the back label)
  • SN number
  • A copy of the purchasing receipt of the device

And another issue about the TP-Link ID you might have is, We understand there are times when you want your TP-Link account deleted, along with any information associated with the account. the following link will provide detailed instructions about how to delete your TP-Link ID-How can I delete my TP-Link cloud account?

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-17 19:46:45

@TP-Link 

Hi, and thank you for the reply. I'm also still having this issue.

I will contact you via private message once I have visited the site where the modem is located to retrieve the MAC address.

Options
Re:[Solution] 3/4G modem bound to another TP-Link ID
2021-08-25 03:21:55

@tpen i have the issue 

my device Archer VR300

i have sent you  a private message

Options
Re:[Solution] 3/4G modem bound to another TP-Link ID
2021-08-26 00:58:37

@michael.adel 

Hi, Thanks for the private message.

When I checked the MAC address, the modem turned out to be not bound to any email account.

So later I will forward your case to the senior engineers and could you please send me a screen-shot with the notice” it's bound to another ID”

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 8103

Replies: 26