TP Link TL-WA850RE Range Extender can't connect to network on Laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 02:03:18
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Set up the extender from my smartphone (works fine on my phone) but it says can't connect to the network on my laptop, please I need a fix asap (it shows full signal even from the windows 10 network area but after entering the password it loads for some time and says can't connect)

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP Link TL-WA850RE Range Extender can't connect to network on Laptop
2020-06-17 07:06:38

@isometric 

Hello, the wifi security and password of the extender actually are the same as the host wifi, can you please check again if you entered the correct password?

If the wireless password of your host wifi is correct, please tell me what are the LEDs status on the 850RE, you may also try to reset and reconfigure it as below:

How to configure my range extender via web GUI

Good days.

Options
2020-06-17 13:19:47

@Solla-topee 

Hi!

So now I did a manual reset via the reset button it does connect now and the wifi signal is full and it says connected and secured but however it won't load any webpage (basically it says it's connected and secured but won't load any webpage hence doesn't connect to the network)

Options
2020-06-18 03:12:11

@isometric 

How about the LEDs on the WA850RE after the configuration?

Please follow the instruction to log into the web page and tell me the current hardware and firmware version.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1398/

If the WA850RE firmware is not the latest one, please update it first.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1416/

If all the LEDs are correctly on, please power cycle both your main router and the WA850RE, then login to its web GUI again and show us the full screenshot of the status page. And please export the system to us which you can find on the settings-system tools-system log and please tell me the model number of the main router.

Thanks in advance, and have a great day.

Options
2021-09-10 10:34:27

@Solla-topee 
Unstable connection from PC to TL-WA850RE, unusable when connected, it can't even load the speed test site to get a readout.
Only connects to PC when the SSID is the same as the router.

Same location as MacBook and iPhone that pull 5-10MBps, crap in comparison to router pumping out 150MBps download, ~400MBps upload, but it does the job.

TL-WA850RE updated to the latest firmware version, 1.0.0 Build 20171228 Rel. 55399.

PC Wifi card: Intel Wifi 6 AX200 160MHz.

(Spanish region)

File:
Wifi Diagnostics.jpgDownload
Options
2021-09-14 05:46:45

@rob.e250  Hello, 

If only PC work unstable with RE, it is recommended to update the wireless/ wired driver on the PC. 

May I know when did you purchase the range extender and how long the extender has been worked fine before? If it has been worked for a few years, you may consider upgrading to a dual-band wifi extender or extension products. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6669

Replies: 5

Related Articles