Not getting IP Address from Router when connected through TL-WR845N WiFi as Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not getting IP Address from Router when connected through TL-WR845N WiFi as Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-18 13:35:35
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.16 v0001.0 Build 190219 Rel.55060n

hi all, I have a TP-Link TL-WR845N v4 Wi-Fi as Range Extender in my living room, which is connected to ISP base router.

Sometime my Android mobile or windows 10 notebook are not getting the IP address when connected through the Range Extender. I tried almost all permutations of the settings in the Range Extender, but nothing worked. Reboot fixed it when happen.

If I set static IP address for my mobile device, the connectivity through the Range Extender also works fine... In DHCP mode in my notebook, they are failing to get the IP addresses if connected through the TP-Link TL-WA845N v4 Wi-Fi as Range Extender (with DHCP off) to my base router. 

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Not getting IP Address from Router when connected through TL-WR845N WiFi as Range Extender
2020-06-19 07:25:55

@jzamoras 

Hello, what is the model number of your main router? Who is your ISP? 

When the notebook or phone connected to the range extender and there is no internet on them, can you log into the web GUI of the range extender? If yes, please try to fix the IP address of this extender to be in the same IP subnet as the main router. BTW, can you connect to the main router and access the internet if you connect back to the main router at that time?

Please try to reset the WR845N and reconfigure it to work as a range extender like below:

How to configure the TP-Link 11N wireless router as Repeater

Good days.

Options
Re:Not getting IP Address from Router when connected through TL-WR845N WiFi as Range Extender
2020-06-19 13:33:08

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

@jzamoras 

Hello, what is the model number of your main router? Who is your ISP? 

Movistar Chile (ISP) provided Askey 3505VW  

can you connect to the main router and access the internet if you connect back to the main router at that time?

yes

When the notebook or phone connected to the range extender and there is no internet on them, can you log into the web GUI of the range extender?

I can't log in because router it doesn't assign a IP number.

When the router is on repeater mode, DHCP settings are disabled btw.

Please try to reset the WR845N and reconfigure it to work as a range extender like below:

How to configure the TP-Link 11N wireless router as Repeater

I'll try

Good days.

Options
2020-06-22 03:12:03

@jzamoras 

I set up as range extender using the instructions but it´s still failing from time to time. Is there a beta firmware or something like that to try? thanks!

Options
2020-07-16 22:35:12

@jzamoras Hi,

I am also having the same problem, can any expert would like to assist on this.

Thanks.

W.D.

Options
2020-07-21 16:09:26

@jzamoras Hello,

Need help, please advise.

Regards,
W.D.

Options
2020-07-21 16:12:23

@W.D. hi, support haven't aswered anything useful yet. As a workaoround set a static IP in the meantime.

Options