TL-PA4010KIT Powerline Adapter Capping Bandwidth on GeForce NOW

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-18 19:33:08
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've recently got new powerline adapters (TP Link AV600 TL-PA4010 Kit) and I've started to experience bandwidth capping at 2Mbps during game streaming with GeForce Now. I switched to this powerline adapter from a Zyxel PLA4201v2 (an old model) for the higher bandwidth capabilities, but on the Zyxel I didn't experience any bandwidth capping.

I know it's not the ethernet cables, or quality of the powerline connection, or quality of connection between servers. I have internet speeds of 100Mbps, which is detected by GeForce NOW, yet it still bottlenecks.

Why does my current powerline adapter cap bandwidth when streaming on GeForce NOW whilst my old one didn't?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010KIT Powerline Adapter Capping Bandwidth on GeForce NOW
2020-06-29 12:06:02

@Iskandar 

Hello, please help more details as below:

1. Are you playing GeForce NOW on a computer or Android mobile phone? How about other applications on that computer or phone, are they normal?

2. How about the other device if you connect it to the powerline adapter with an Ethernet cable? Please check the negotiation speed on it when connected to the powerline adapters:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Besides, please refer to the troubleshooting below to narrow down the speed issue:

What should I do if internet connection is slow when the device is connected to TP-Link Powerline Adapters?

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 1