Powerline AV600 wifi AP isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-21 04:40:58
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

G'day team, 

Thanks for accepting me! 

Just wondering, I'm using the TP Link Powerline AV600 wifi model from Officeworks (Australia). It seems to have AP isolation enabled as default, but I cannot find the option to disable AP isolation in the client area anywhere!

Is there any way to revert to an earlier firmware model to find AP isolation settings? Or is AP isolation under a different name?

Thanks for helping! Cheers Matt 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline AV600 wifi AP isolation
2020-06-29 11:48:01

@stagg 

Hello, may I have the exact model number of the AV600 powerline device? Is it WPA4220 KIT?

As per my understanding, the powerline adapters don't support AP Isolation. Do you encounter any LAN communication issues when using powerline devices? If yes, can you please provide us more details and we will try to figure it out?

1. What is your network topology, how are the LAN devices connected?

2. In which way or method to prove there are some limitations caused by settings like AP Isolation? Detailed information will help a lot when locating the issue, thanks.

Options
Re:Powerline AV600 wifi AP isolation
2020-07-08 11:12:59

@Solla-topee 

Ah thank you for helping!

Yes that is correct, it is the WPA4220 kit. 

As for LAN, its fairly simple - receiver connected to a Telstra wifi modem via cat6 ethernet cable, ugged into the LAN port, and repeater across the home with no devices connected via ethernet. 

What seems to be happening is trying to connect a 1st gen Google Chromecast which is giving the error that AP isolation is enabled. Other than that it's about it; wifi works fine, connect mobile devices, Xbox and PC to the repeater with no issues whatsoever 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1182

Replies: 2

Related Articles