Archer C1200 not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-22 06:22:48
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought this router to get a higher range in my house. But following all the default steps to setup the router it is not connecting to internet (Getting a Red light in the Internet). I looked my ISP's PPPOE user id and password and entered it correctly while setting up.

What am I missing here??? There's some talks about MAC Address. Could some one explain please??

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 not connecting to internet
2020-06-22 07:48:09

@VinayShekhar 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP? What if you dial up on the computer directly, will the internet work?

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 10

If the above works, that means your username and password form your ISP are correct, please try to do a PPPoE on the C1200:

How do I install TP-Link Archer router to work with a DSL Modem​​​​​​​

Options
2020-06-22 08:49:44

@Solla-topee Hi - My ISP is Hathway broadband. It works on my old router just fine. And i have the LAN cable coming directly from the ISP. I mean no modem involved here. What must i do next?

Solla-topee wrote

@VinayShekhar 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP? What if you dial up on the computer directly, will the internet work?

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 10

If the above works, that means your username and password form your ISP are correct, please try to do a PPPoE on the C1200:

How do I install TP-Link Archer router to work with a DSL Modem

Options
2020-06-22 09:04:48

@VinayShekhar 

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

Will you be able to access the internet if you plug the internet cable directly into one of your PCs? If not, we need to confirm this with your ISP just in case they have special binding with the old router.

If you have internet access when plugged that cable into PC directly (whether it is just plug-and-play or you need to dial up on the PC), just adopt the same settings on the C1200 and it should work.

Options
2020-06-22 14:33:38

@VinayShekhar Contact your ISP and ask them to reset MAC adress from their end. It is required everytime you change the device connceted their ethernet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 672

Replies: 4

Related Articles