TP-PLC Utility slows down speeds to 1 Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-22 08:22:33
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406

Hi,
I first ran into this issue last evening, around 12 hours ago.
I noticed that my internet speeds on my Windows 10 computer (connected to powerline adapter through ethernet) were incredibly slow, like 1 Mbps download.
What's worse, Ookla's speedtest also reported that I had 7 full seconds of ping to a location that normally gives me 8 ms.

So today I started troubleshooting. I noticed that the speeds of all my other devices connected to powerline were normal (45-50 Mbps download).
I tried closing all my progams in the backround. I ran a speedtest, speeds were normal.
While I was running another speedtest, I tried starting the TP-PLC Utility (v2.2.3149.12 Build 20180816).
As soon as I opened it, the speeds plummeted. As soon as I closed it, the speeds were up again.

Does anyone know how to fix it? I believe the software was at the same version yesterday, so it probably isn't a bug.
Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-PLC Utility slows down speeds to 1 Mbps
2020-06-29 12:11:30

@markio1682 

Hello,

Is it possible to test this tpPLC utility on another computer?

How about this Windows 10 computer, is it connected to the powerline network by an Ethernet cable or via WiFi? How about the negotiation speed on it?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Additionally, please try to shut down this Windows 10 and restart it to see how it goes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 821

Replies: 1

Related Articles