MR6400 signal reading?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR6400 signal reading?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MR6400 signal reading?
MR6400 signal reading?
2020-06-22 11:30:15
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

I've had this router with a Three 4G sim for nearly two years and its worked quite well so far, usually getting  50/75% signal, but noticed sometimes in bad weather could drop to 25% and speeds would then be poor.  I decided to improve signal so bought a couple of Poynting 280 antenna's.  Plugged them in and attatched to my old Sky dish outside.  Signal is definitely better now, never goes below 75% and once noticed it at 100%.  But I'm thinking of moving the antennas up higher, trying to find the place were the signal is optimal.

Thing is it would help if I could actually see a decibel reading of the signal strength.  The MR6400 only seems to show just the four indicators 25/50/75/100.

Does anyone know a way to find the real decibel signal reading that the router is receiving?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 0

Related Articles