TL-WPA8010P no longer working, home LED won't light up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-24 10:37:29
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a TL-WPA8010P powerline extender that is suddenly stopped working, the home/powerline led won't light up so I cannot pair it with my adaptors (TL-WPA8630P and TL-WPA4220). All was working ok until I tried adding an old powerline adaptor (TL-WPA281), the home led would not light up on that either. I managed to pair TL-WPA8630P and TL-WPA4220 to each other but not the extender (TL-WPA8010P) but didn't realise that was what I'd one until I looked in TPLink plc Utility. I have checked all the connections, tried re-pairing and resetting but the TL-WPA8010P just does not want to pair of the home led might blink for a couple of seconds.

Any suggestions about how to fix this are gratefully received. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8010P no longer working, home LED won't light up
2020-06-29 07:46:18

@Kdidi 

Hi, it is a bad story. We will try to figure it out.

1. There are TL-WPA8630P, TL-WPA4220, TL-WPA281, and the TL-PA8010P, so 4 powerline devices in total or there are more? How do you want to use them, by adding them all in the same powerline network or dividing them into different powerline networks?

2. If you want to add them all in the same powerline network, please check which one is connected to the main router and plug the others next to it one by one, then we can try to

pair them via the pair button. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/258/

3. Or try to use the tpPLC utility to pair them. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/ 

Besides, when and where did you buy the TL-PA8010P? If none of the above can make it work, we may run out of ideas and have no more suggestions.

Options