TP Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP Link
TP Link
2020-06-24 17:06:46

I have a problem with newly installed CAT6 ethernet cable outlets installed in a new summerhouse - the cable then runs down conduits and up to the house loft (about 100ft run of cable) where there is a standard power point - then connected into a pair of 9 year old Devolo Powerline adaptors and down into the Sky router. Both Devolo have all the green lights on. The problem is that at the Summerhouse end there is NO ethernet found on my PC (done diagnostics). On test the PC finds the router from the loft via the Devolo Powerline adapters. The long Ethernet run is wired correctly and was tested (8 green lights flshed in rotation to prove it's wired correctly). So my question is this:- Is the 9 year old Devolo simply out of date and not up the the job and causing the problem and therefore I need to replace with new TP-Link Powerline adaptors OR alternatively is the ethernet run simply too long??? - any ideas anyone?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link
2020-06-29 07:26:56

@Sonic52 

Hello, sorry that it's hard for TP-Link to determine whether your Devolo Powerline adaptors need to be replaced.

It is suggested to contact Devolo support for checking, thanks.

Options
Re:TP Link
2020-06-29 09:45:51

@Sonic52 

Hello

Thanks for the reply but that wasn’t really the question. 

I’ve now ordered (but yet to arrive) a TP Link Powerline. Now so let’s put that question another way, putting aside the fact that your unit (AV1300) can be used over 300 metres of house electrical cable (not the issue here) so the question is if the end run from the furthest AV1300 ethernet socket and the signals then travels in a CAT6 cable to my PC - that CAT6 run is 70-100ft - so do think it will work?

Thanks 

Sonic52

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 240

Replies: 2

Related Articles