Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
110 Reply
Re:Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light
2020-08-03 19:52:01

@imikem hi there I thought the latest firmware had fixed the drop out problem but both satellites dropped out today just don't understand it

Options
2020-08-04 14:39:06

@Macroman I bought these at Costco and Set them up today and the satellites constantly get disconnected though it shows Green Light. I connected the satellites via Ethernet Backhaul but its perplexing why it still shows being disconnected always even after the newest firmware update.

Options
2020-08-04 14:41:18

@va45638 same problem. It keeps disconnection quite much, while the leds stay green.

Options
2020-08-04 15:03:35 - last edited 2020-08-04 15:04:19

@TP-Link_Deco 

So i tried troubleshooting it myself, and after I removed my Orbit wifi sprinkler controller and an August smart door lock from the wifi, the network became much more stable. Not sure which really caused the problem. But please look into this and fix it in the next firmware release if possible. I would like to include both of them into the network.

Thanks,

Options
2020-08-04 19:10:11

I am having the same problem, it shows disconnected in the app yet the unit has a solid green light.  Also, streaming video seems to be worse than with M5 units I had, many more pauses and interruptions.

I am not too happy with this purchase.  May need to return it soon if not fixed.

Options
2020-08-05 11:46:02

@va45638 

Hi, sorry to hear that.

Can you please help confirm with more details and we will help you out ASAP:

1. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect?

2. Are the three X60 connected in this way? Correct me if not:

modem--main X60 (Router mode)---2nd X60---3rd X60
3. How did you recover the connection? Did you need to disable then enable the wireless connection on your phones/laptops or do you need to reboot the satellite X60?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-05 11:49:35

@ChristianBurger 

Hi, can you please help confirm with more details and we will help you out ASAP:

1. May I know how many Deco X60 do you have in your network and how are they connected?

2. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect?
3. How did you recover the connection? Did you need to disable then enable the wireless connection on your phones/laptops or do you need to reboot the satellite X60?

BTW, who is your ISP, and may I know your TP-Link ID that the Deco X60 linked to?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-05 11:58:06

@KomodoInc 

Hello, do you mean the network is stable when you installed the beta firmware we sent to you previously but still having the disconnect issue when upgraded to the latest official firmware?

May I know that are these Orbit wifi sprinkler controller and August smart door lock supporting 2.4GHz connection or 5GHz connection? Have you tried to disable fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco network to give it a go?

BTW, what if you disable the main 2.4GHz wireless and only leave the main 5GHz on, then enable the 2.4GHz guest network (leave the 5GHz guest off) and connect the Orbit wifi sprinkler controller and August smart door lock to the 2.4GHz guest network?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-05 12:03:18

@Eric0054 

Hello, may I know your detailed network layout and how are the X60 connected in your network?

How many Deco devices do you have in total, are there Deco X60 and M5 in the same mesh network?

What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect? How did you recover the connection?

BTW, what is the network bandwidth you paid for your ISP? How about the speedtest on the computer when you do streaming?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-05 16:30:12

@TP-Link_Deco I currently have 3 X60 units and one M9 Plus.  An X60 is the main unit the others are satellite units and all are connected by ethernet cable. I have 300 Mbps fiber optic internet connection and a speed test shows around 265 Mbps download speed.  I have noticed a few times when I open the Deco app, it will show the two X60 satellite units as disconnected.  The M9 shows normal. If I refresh it a few times, sometimes it will return to normal. The LED on the unit is still green.

As for streaming, since changing to the X60, I can be watching Netflix on an iPad, and then it will just stop and show a spinning wheel.  I have to turn off the wifi on the iPad, then turn it back on to fix it.  That is when I noticed the disconnected status in the Deco app.  This never happened before when I had the M5 and M9 units.

Options