MAC whitelist for just one WIFI network on Archer VR2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 16:49:54 - last edited 2020-06-26 16:51:20
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear TP-Link support team,

I have the same issue with @Mike5555 on thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201042, but with my new Archer VR2800 (shame I didn't notice before I buy it that the new AX50 wi-fi 6 came out recently at the same price ...)!

So, I need to whitelist my main network and keep my guest network free of use for my guests. It really makes no sense to have no way of disengaging the access control for the guest network, for which the only case that would be needed is when you want to blacklist a guest. 

So can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a switch in the Guest Network menu to do just that?

Right now the Guest Network feature is useless and this was one the main reasons that I've switched from my old TP-Link TD-W8980, along with the wireless speed upgrade feature of course!

Looking forward to your positive reply!

Thanks,

ManosK

Options
1 Reply
Re:MAC whitelist for just one WIFI network on Archer VR2800
2020-06-29 11:20:00

@ManosK 

Hi, currently we only support give the secured wireless password for the guest network so that the guests can connect this network from the pasword.

We will tranfer your feedback to our senior engineers and they would evaluate it.

Thanks for your valued suggestion.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1

Related Articles