How to Configure Schedule Auto Reboot for TP Link Mr6400 V2 LTE/4G Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to Configure Schedule Auto Reboot for TP Link Mr6400 V2 LTE/4G Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:How to Configure Schedule Auto Reboot for TP Link Mr6400 V2 LTE/4G Router
2021-02-08 13:38:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, I upgraded the firmware without problems and was able to enable scheduled rebooting. Hope there won't be issues as it is a beta version. I did not have any problems so far over the last three years and was running even an older version (1.0.15). Thanks again for the solution! 

Options
2021-02-09 02:27:46

@keilwarm79 

It's good to know the beta firmware works. We will try to push the dev team to release an official version for it.

Options
2021-02-28 20:31:27

@Kevin_Z 

please help me ... after uploading this beta version, my MR6400 stopped working, half of the options are unavailable (fields or entire pages are not shown) including LTE which does not work at all :(
Firmware rollback does not work (error code 20). Uploading a different version (last official) also does not work (after clicking upload, a page error appears that it is unavailable - the file is not uploaded).

I tried to some old firmware "recovery" from 2017 via TFTP - I managed to upload, pages changed from "beta" to normal but LTE and options (such as restart or uploading a new software) still does not work :(

I have the V2 (EU) version for sure.

Options
2021-03-01 02:48:43

@Blaster 

Can you please show us the device bottom sticker which display the router hardware version? Which beta firmware did you install on it? Please show us the link.

After installing the old firmware "recovery" from 2017 via TFTP, do you mean you cannot set up the internet on it? Who is your SIM card carrier, please? Can I have some screenshots about the status page, as well as those displayed with an issue?

It is suggested to hard reset the MR6400 by pressing and holding the reset button until the LEDs flash off then on, try to reconfigure it from scratch to see if it will work.

Options
2021-03-01 16:32:36

@Kevin_Z 

OK, so... 

1. Link with beta version is from Your post #11 https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202102/20210208/beta_mr6400v2_en_2018-10-30_update.zip

2. Yes, I can't set internet via LTE because options are unavailable - blank page (attachment). Also in the case of the quick setup, after reaching step 3, the page is also blank. But the lack of all these options and problems have been from the moment of uploading the beta version and not from "recovery from 2017".

the recovery firmware image was taken from https://tplinkforum.pl/t/firmware-bez-bootloadera-dla-routerow-tp-link/9661 (tl-mr6400v2_back-to-stock(EU)_V2_170519.zip)

My SIM card carrier is Orange - the card was in the routher for the last two years ;)

3. "...ressing and holding the reset button..." and this is the best ... from the beginning, after uploading the beta and the discussed problems, it is impossible to reset the equipment like this. I can hold the reset button for a few minutes and nothing. This way I came to TFTP because only this option allows me to make any changes. However, I am not able to upload the official last firmware - and I don't know if it would help at all - which I understand is because it has a bootloader which causes that the firmware sent via TFTP is not installing.

4. Uploading old configuration settings also does not work (but maybe because the settings were exported from the 2019 version). The process is supposed to be successful, the routher is resetting, but after restart you can not see any changes from the loaded settings. I assume everything has one cause.

attachments

firmware version

leds (and lan working when it is plugged in)

LTE setup

factory reset

uploading last fw version step 1

step 2 after confirm alert

can not find Firmware.htm?

Quick setup - step 3

I hope we can save him :)

Options
2021-03-02 02:32:28

@Blaster 

That's too bad. I'm afraid there was something wrong with the upgrade process, please check if this is still in warranty as per the local warranty policy. If it is within the warranty, please contact the local tech support to request a replacement:

https://www.tp-link.com/pl/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2021-03-03 14:09:42
Thanks for trying to help and for quick replies! I have already bought a new one because nowadays it is difficult to live without internet ;) and I will return the old one. Thanks to the 3-year warranty, it should still be possible :)
Options
Related Articles