Powerline adapter AV2000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline adapter AV2000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline adapter AV2000
Powerline adapter AV2000
2020-06-30 19:48:55
Model: TL-PA9020 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

i have high speed internet  (350mbps) and was wandering why my speeds when connected to these adapters are not even half that.. i understand that these would be affected by distance and the electrical circuit but i cant understand why im not getting these speeds especially when the link between the two adapters according to my the TP link app are anywhere betwen 1050-1150mbps. i also acknowledge that at the application is probably showing PHY rates howver i still dont understand why i shouldnt be getting close to my internet speeds..  Naturally i have tested multiple sockets in the house with not much improvement and tested that cables are working in fact i bought new cables that are cat 7 so a bit confused.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter AV2000
2020-07-09 02:46:43 - last edited 2020-07-09 02:49:22

@bb31 

Hello,

For the slow speed issue, please try the following the suggestions:

1. Please only connect one end-device to the powerline unit by cable, then test the speed.

2. Please try the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ:  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2231/

3. Please relocate the Powerline units in the same room or plug into the same power strip to do the test speed again.      

(Note: during speed tests, do not run any high bandwidth activities like P2P download, gaming or video streaming.)

If the issue persists, please let us know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in details and help confirm some information:

1. Please send us the Photos of speed Test Results from the main router and Powerline units.    

2. The photo of the Powerline rate on tpPLC Utility.

3. May I know the hardware on the label of the powerline unit and the firmware version on tpPLC Utility?

If the firmware is not the latest version, please refer to this FAQ to update it:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1614/

4. When did you buy the powerline devices and when did the issue begin?

Have a nice day!

Options