unable to download files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

unable to download files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
unable to download files
unable to download files
2020-07-08 02:24:01
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi,

wifi speed and browsing are ok, however, when i try to download a file (e.g.  https://download.teamviewer.com/full), it said "Failed - network error").  it also happened in my andriod phone, when i try to update batches in the game, i was not unable to update it (i have to switch off wifi and use my mobile data to update it)

please, anyone can help?

thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:unable to download files
2020-10-04 21:36:14 - last edited 2020-10-04 21:37:23

@ummi I'm having the same problem with the same Deco as well. Have you found a solution?

ummi wrote

hi,

wifi speed and browsing are ok, however, when i try to download a file (e.g.  https://download.teamviewer.com/full), it said "Failed - network error").  it also happened in my andriod phone, when i try to update batches in the game, i was not unable to update it (i have to switch off wifi and use my mobile data to update it)

please, anyone can help?

thanks

Options
2020-10-07 18:56:49
Have you got parental controls enabled for your devices? Preventing downloads is one of the options.
Options
2020-11-15 08:40:43

ummi wrote

hi,

please, anyone can help?

thanks

@ummi I'm having the exact same problem. Did you already find a solution? My speeds are fine and browsing goes without a problem. But when I try to download anything, on any device, I always get an error. It doesn't matter if it's on my PC, smartphone or PS4, for example. I also experience a problem when using certain streaming services, like Apple TV. It just buffers a whole lot. YouTube seems to work fine for some reason. Do you experience this as well? 

Options
2020-11-16 03:15:01

@Tijn 

Hi,

Have you tried to turn off the Homecare features, such as QoS, parental control to have a look?

What is the model number and hardware, firmware version of your Deco, or is it also X60?

Did it happen all the time, or randomly several times  a day?

By the way, would it affect all the devices spontaneously?

And did the issue exist no matter which Deco you are connected to?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-16 07:27:33

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@Tijn 

Hi,

Have you tried to turn off the Homecare features, such as QoS, parental control to have a look?

What is the model number and hardware, firmware version of your Deco, or is it also X60?

Did it happen all the time, or randomly several times  a day?

By the way, would it affect all the devices spontaneously?

And did the issue exist no matter which Deco you are connected to?

Thank you very much.

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for replying. 

I am having the issues with the Deco X20. It's up to date with the latest firmware, 1.2.6 (Build 20201013 Rel. 58271).

It is a structural problem, not spontaneously, and it doesn't matter which Deco I use. 

It also occurs on all my devices. For instants when I try to download apps on my iPhone through WiFi, but also when I try to download an update on my PS4 which in connected by cable. When I switch to my data plan, everything works fine. So, it's not a problem with the devices themselves. These problem started to occur when I switched my router for a Deco.

The streaming part is a bit weird. For example, when I use Apple TV on my iPhone or PC the video just keeps getting stuck. Weirdly enough, when I use Apple TV through my smart tv everything just works fine. And it's not just Apple TV. Different (third party) apps have this same problem. Watching YouTube through my browser on the other hand works just fine. 

I tried different settings within the Deco app. Parental control was never activated, but I tried to see if it made a difference, which it didn't. Same for the antivirus software. I also tried different modes in Qos, but none of them made any difference. Completely turning them of doens't seem to be an option? 

I changed the DNS from dynamic to see if that made a difference, but that was also a fail. I re-installed the whole system. I tried a lot within the Deco app, but nothing seems to make a difference. 

Options
2021-05-04 03:14:33

@ummi 

just looking to see if there any been any updates on this issue? i have been having the same problem for some time now. All of my Homecare setting options are disabled. Currently using Deco X60. 

Options
2021-05-06 08:14:15

@hjahmad 

Hi, I am afraid there is no possible solution for this issue;

If possible, could you please do me a favor to check the following details:

1.Would there be any error message when falling to download large files, like the previous users: network error?

--if possible, could you please record a video clip of the whole process?

2.Did all the clients have the same issue no matter they are connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable?

3.Are the download and upload speed on the Deco still normal?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-25 01:57:28

@TP-Link has there been any resolution to this problem?

multiple devices are failing to download. Particularly MacOS Safari, failing with "Network Error". If we press the "resume download", it connects but immediately fails again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1738

Replies: 8

Related Articles