[SECURITY] Over 100 Wi-Fi routers fail major security test. TP Link routers included

[SECURITY] Over 100 Wi-Fi routers fail major security test. TP Link routers included
2020-07-09 12:20:26
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20200426 rel.65338

So I saw these article, exposing how hundreds of routers are vulnerable to simple security related threads.

I searched for my AX50 model and it seems it was tested on the "experiment".

I would like to know what measures are being taken by tp link in order to fix these, also, if the hard-coded keys are leakable on this router model/firmware (and if they can be updated/fixed), and what measures can be taken by common users to mitigate possible security attacks.

On my side, I have already disabled UPnP, I use long strong not default passwords, remote management is disabled, fimware is always up-to-date and I use a MAC filter (don't know if these makes any difference tbh)

Link to the article:

Over 100 Wi-Fi routers fail major security test — protect yourself now

By Paul Wagenseil 2 days ago

Every single one of 117 routers from seven well-known brands, including Netgear, D-Link, Linksys and TP-Link, had serious security flaws, a report finds.

https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/fraunhofer-router-security-report

Options
2 Reply
Re:[SECURITY] Over 100 Wi-Fi routers fail major security test. TP Link routers included
2020-07-09 15:49:15

@Zapahacks 

For individuals considering new router or current router owner, I recommend visiting OpenWRT or DD-WRT websites and review if the router is compatible with either of these open source firmware. It is unfortunate, that not all routers are on the compatibility list.

Options
Re:[SECURITY] Over 100 Wi-Fi routers fail major security test. TP Link routers included
2020-07-22 06:15:26

@Zapahacks 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

We are checking these resources and update here soon.

Have a nice day.

Options