TPPlc not displaying devices as the manual says it should

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-09 16:03:26
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I'm using the TL-WPA7510 kit which consists of a PA7010 adapter and a WPA7510 extender. I've added another extender to my setup, which is a slow old PA4010. My ethernet connection to the PA7010 is a bit unreliable. If it stops working I use the TPPlc utility to try to figure out what's going wrong. I find the utility unintuitive and flaky.

When all 3 devices in my setup are working correctly, the utility displays it differently to what the manual says, which is that the adapter will be shown 
at the bottom and remote powerline devices above it. In my case, this is what it shows. I've renamed each device to make it easier to identify them. My adapter is called 'base-unit-3D7D'. The utility shows the WPA7510 extender at the bottom, with the PA7010 adaptor and the PA4010 extender at the top. Does this mean that my network has been set up wrongly??

Options
1 Reply
Re:TPPlc not displaying devices as the manual says it should
2020-07-10 01:58:19

@LondonLynn 

Hello,

Did you connect the extender's wifi on your laptop then open the Utility? If so, the extender will show at the bottom and adapters will show above.

If you want to show adapters at the bottom, you need to connect your computer to the adapter directly and that one will show at the bottom.

No matter which one is at the bottom, if all the devices can show on the Utility which means all the devices are working perfectly.

So you don't worry about the place of them.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 1