Which powerline adapter(s) do I need to get if I need two outlets?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-10 18:34:40 - last edited 2020-07-17 11:13:57

I have an old TP-Link powerline adapter kit (TL-PA4020P and TL-WPA4220). It has worked well, but it's old.

I now need a second outlet, but at the same time I'd like to upgrade to something that supports dual band, i.e. 2.4GHz and 5Ghz (the old one supports only 2.4GHz).

Searching the website, I cannot find something that either has two outlets, or has one outlet and lets me purchase a second outlet to go with it. I don't need Ethernet on the outlets, just WiFi.

What model do you recommend?

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Which powerline adapter(s) do I need to get if I need two outlets?-Solution
2020-07-17 07:09:25 - last edited 2020-07-17 11:13:57

@paddylandau 

Hi, thanks for the explanation.

If you want a kit which includes one adapter, two extenders, only our TL-WPA4220T KIT can support your requirements currently.

But the WPA4220 only supports single 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band.

Or, you can buy a kit which includes one adapter and one extender, then you buy an additional single extender to join the kit to use.

All of our powerline device can work together and please don't worry.

You need to check if we have the single extender can be sold in your region.

If the single unit picture is available on the official website, there should be single unit sales on the market, we can use "where to buy" button to approach the retailers.

Currently, the available single unit models in UK market are WPA8630P which supports dual band.

You can also check from your retailer to check if they can sell the single extender what you want.

Hope this explanation would help you better.

Have a nice day!

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Which powerline adapter(s) do I need to get if I need two outlets?
2020-07-16 09:21:00

@paddylandau 

Hi, your product TL-PA4020P has an outlet on it so you want to buy a product which also has outlet, right?

At the same time, the product should support dual band wifi, right?

If so, please refer the link based on your region.https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

In global website: TL-WPA8631P KIT & TL-WPA8630P KIT can both support your requirements.

If there are any other issues, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-16 10:01:11 - last edited 2020-07-16 10:02:14

@Solla-topee — Thanks for your reply.

Searching the website for TL-WPA8631P returns no results, though I did get a result for TL-WPA8630P. But that's not quite what I'm after.

I wonder if I have not explained myself well, because I'm unsure about the terminology…

To be very precise, what I want is this:

• A powerline device (Device A) that links to my router using a short Ethernet wire, and plugs into the wall to send the signals along the electric power lines. This device sits next to my router.
  • A powerline device (Device B) that plugs into the wall somewhere else in the house to receive the signals from the first device (Device A) via the electric power lines. Device B forwards the signals to other devices (phones, laptops, etc.) using WiFi (dual band).

I need one Device A (it would be pointless having two of them), and two Device Bs, to extend the signals to two different parts of the house. That's a total of three devices.

I hope that I've made sense.

Options
Re:Which powerline adapter(s) do I need to get if I need two outlets?-Solution
2020-07-17 07:09:25 - last edited 2020-07-17 11:13:57

@paddylandau 

Hi, thanks for the explanation.

If you want a kit which includes one adapter, two extenders, only our TL-WPA4220T KIT can support your requirements currently.

But the WPA4220 only supports single 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band.

Or, you can buy a kit which includes one adapter and one extender, then you buy an additional single extender to join the kit to use.

All of our powerline device can work together and please don't worry.

You need to check if we have the single extender can be sold in your region.

If the single unit picture is available on the official website, there should be single unit sales on the market, we can use "where to buy" button to approach the retailers.

Currently, the available single unit models in UK market are WPA8630P which supports dual band.

You can also check from your retailer to check if they can sell the single extender what you want.

Hope this explanation would help you better.

Have a nice day!

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-17 11:13:43

@Solla-topee Thank you for the details! That has been helpful.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1025

Replies: 4