Onemesh - house, outside, garage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 06:35:13
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I just bought the AX10 because it seemed like a great price and easy system to use with it's range extenders, but I feel I may of made a mistake. I want to set up a mesh wifi that can handle the whole house, the lawn outside the front of my house, and the garage about 400 feet away. I have AC power at all these locations but no ethernet cables except at the house. Both the house and garage have thick stone siding which has made transmitting signal difficult. Up until now, I have a wireless repeater set up in the garage with a yagi directional antenna attached to it pointing back at the house. The connection is less than ideal however.

I realized that none of the range extenders or routers you can buy that are OneMesh compatible have detachable antennas (so I can't add a directional antenna that connects the garage). I'm not sure what to do. The system looks ideal for if I only want to cover my house, but doesn't appear to have options for outdoor/reaching the garage. I was looking at EAP outdoor devices, but they are not compatible with the OneMesh system nor is it Wifi 6 (It'd be nice to also future proof). It also appears to all require ethernet cables as they act only as AP's?

I don't care about speed (5-50Mbps is acceptable), I just want a reliable connection that doesn't drop as I move between nodes. In the future I'd like to expand more into IoT devices both inside and outside so I'd like to build a system that does a decent job of blanketing my property.

Could you give me some advice? Should I prepare to return the AX10 for a refund?

Joe

Options
1 Reply
Re:Onemesh - house, outside, garage
2020-07-21 07:55:41 - last edited 2020-07-21 07:56:52

@jrwinn47 

Hello,

You don't need to return the AX10 back, you can use it as a main router and add the Deco product to create a Mesh system.

If you want to create a whole-home wifi system, we recomecd the Deco serials product, here is a link you can refer to know more details about it:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/

May it help and have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 684

Replies: 1