Will it reach my detached garage?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-06 08:00:49 - last edited 2021-12-07 08:46:26
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, sorry if this subject has been raised before but I don't want to spend hours scrolling through FAQs looking for an answer which may not be there. 
I have a detached garage approximately 20m away which has power supplied via a cable from my house. Will a power line adapter push my home WiFi to the garage enough to operate a WiFi camera? 
thanks,

Neil

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Will it reach my detached garage? -Solution
2021-11-11 09:45:47 - last edited 2021-12-07 08:46:26

@Neil.uk-_121 

I would firstly confirm your house extension (a garage/ barn/shed etc.) and the main building is under the same electrical meter.  If they are under the same power meter, powerline adapters should work in the house extension. Considering powerline signal strength loses over distance and most house extension has a certain range from the main building, it is hard to guarantee the performance when powerline devices work in your house extension You could give powerline devices a try,  if that does not work, I would recommend a wired connection if possible for more stable connection. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Will it reach my detached garage? -Solution
2021-11-11 09:45:47 - last edited 2021-12-07 08:46:26

@Neil.uk-_121 

I would firstly confirm your house extension (a garage/ barn/shed etc.) and the main building is under the same electrical meter.  If they are under the same power meter, powerline adapters should work in the house extension. Considering powerline signal strength loses over distance and most house extension has a certain range from the main building, it is hard to guarantee the performance when powerline devices work in your house extension You could give powerline devices a try,  if that does not work, I would recommend a wired connection if possible for more stable connection. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 1

Related Articles