New TL-WPA4220-KIT is significantly slower than wireless router (370mb vs 9mb)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 01:00:53
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Just purchased and installed the TL-WPA4220-KIT

Here's my internet speed directly from my router

And here is the same device connected to the powerline kit

Any thoughts as to why this is the case? I'm aware houses differ and what not, we're talking a home that was completely refurbed about five years ago and has brand new wiring throughout

Options
2 Reply
Re:New TL-WPA4220-KIT is significantly slower than wireless router (370mb vs 9mb)
2020-07-16 07:39:25

@MIH 

Hi, for your issue, we can see the wireless internet speed from the extender is slow.

Can you connect the PC to the extender to test the wired speed?

If the wired speed is normal, the wireless connection is slow, please try the suggestion under case 1. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2231/

If the wireless and wired connection are both slow, please try the suggestion under case 2. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2231/

If it still doesn't work, please tell us what troubleshooting steps you have done and the results of them.

Your reply would be much appreciated.

Options
Re:New TL-WPA4220-KIT is significantly slower than wireless router (370mb vs 9mb)
2020-07-17 10:48:55

@Solla-topee 

Just done a speedtest with an ethernet cable connected to the powerline, even though there is a bit of an improvement, it is still about a quarter of the speed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 701

Replies: 2

Related Articles