C200 SD Card again

C200 SD Card again
C200 SD Card again
2020-07-16 04:09:27 - last edited 2020-08-04 03:30:25
Model: Tapo C200
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello,

i have hard times to get any SD card to work.

First: it must be a 128GB SD card, we need the 15 to15 days storage of videos.

I tried already multiple Cards, Sandisk Ultra, Kingston High Endurance., multiple cards from each of them.

All new, and all work in other devices.

I followed also the repair instructions to test the cards, i formatted the cards under Windows and Linux with FFAT32, i formatted also in the Cam.

Nothing helps, thew CAM does always say: there is a problem with the SD Card.

Also reinsert the Cards multiple times.

Spend now already days in getting this to work, and payed a lot of money for buying different SD Cards!

Can anybody confirm that he got a 128GB Card to work? What brand/modell?

Regards,

Thomas

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C200 SD Card again-Solution
2020-08-04 03:29:05 - last edited 2020-08-04 03:30:25

@funfactor 

Hello, sorry about that. We will need to confirm some details and try to help you out.

The Tapo camera supports a microSD card with up to 128GB capacity, which should be formatted in FAT32. If the camera cannot detect your SD card or you cannot format the card, please try with below troubleshooting steps and see if it will help:

1. Insert the SD card into the camera SD card slot and run the Tapo app to see if you could see a notice that tells you to format/initialize the card first. If yes, please click on Format/Initialize then check again;
2. Please move the camera closer to your host router and make sure the signal strength is good enough, then try to format the card again;
3. Try to run the Tapo app on another phone, for example, another iOS or Android phone to check again if you are able to format the card from camera app;
4. Try to take out the card and insert it back in multiple times then check again. If still cannot format it, please kindly send me the SD Card page with error messages;

Additionally, please try to verify if the SD card is good or not with third-party software like DiskGenius, you may put it into a phone or into a computer (with a card reader) and run DiskGenius to check if the card is good or not, below are some tips for reference:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2592/

Thanks for your patience, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:C200 SD Card again-Solution
2020-08-04 03:29:05 - last edited 2020-08-04 03:30:25

@funfactor 

Hello, sorry about that. We will need to confirm some details and try to help you out.

The Tapo camera supports a microSD card with up to 128GB capacity, which should be formatted in FAT32. If the camera cannot detect your SD card or you cannot format the card, please try with below troubleshooting steps and see if it will help:

1. Insert the SD card into the camera SD card slot and run the Tapo app to see if you could see a notice that tells you to format/initialize the card first. If yes, please click on Format/Initialize then check again;
2. Please move the camera closer to your host router and make sure the signal strength is good enough, then try to format the card again;
3. Try to run the Tapo app on another phone, for example, another iOS or Android phone to check again if you are able to format the card from camera app;
4. Try to take out the card and insert it back in multiple times then check again. If still cannot format it, please kindly send me the SD Card page with error messages;

Additionally, please try to verify if the SD card is good or not with third-party software like DiskGenius, you may put it into a phone or into a computer (with a card reader) and run DiskGenius to check if the card is good or not, below are some tips for reference:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2592/

Thanks for your patience, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles