Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh
2021-03-15 07:23:24

@jonynab 

Hi,

Did all the mobile clients have the same issue with MS team calls?

Have you checked on a wired laptop to test whether the ethernet connection is ok or not?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-20 03:50:06

@TP-Link 

I have the same issue using my TP-Link Deco X60. I have the main unit downstairs, the second upstairs connected to the main via Cat5e, then my PC connected to the second using cat5e. It seems that after about a 10 minute Teams call it cuts out for about 1-3 seconds every few minutes.

Any advice?

Options
2021-04-20 06:21:12

@Treadeater 

Hi, did turning off the Mesh technology on the laptop make any difference?

If possible, please enable the high priority for the laptop and enable the QoS for chatting and streaming;

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-29 20:57:39

I am having the same problem, but it seems to be Cisco AnyConnect (VPN) that is causing the issue.  All other programs work fine when connected to AnyConnect.  For people having this problem, you may want to verify doing a by turning off the VPN and doing a speedtest and then connect and do another one.

I have corrected the issue 75% of the time but still will hit periods of issues that I can not get corrected yet.  We don't have many options to work with, most setting are not able to be adjusted (example: selecting a channel - this is something every wifi router should have).

I was planning on getting an AX deco for my main, but thinking my just dump my M5's and use a different product since this is affecting work for my wife and me.  

So far I have done the following:

• Disabled via app under Advanced
    • SIP ALG - recommend not using because 99% of the time people won't need
    • Beamforming - This seems to be causing overlapping issues and causing disconnects
    • Fast Roaming - This has made things better overall.  Like Beamforming devices seem to jump back and forth too often due to overlapping M5 frequencies and devices not having the technology that allows Fast Roaming (IEEE 802.11r).  Good info about it here -  Get to Know Fast Roaming
  • Other Changes made using the app:
    • Disabled Mesh based on device limitations
    • Very Important - MAKE SURE SPEEDS QOS IS UPDATED - Regardless is you think you are using or not.  This will cap speeds unless updated. 
    • UPNP - I left Enabled - Some people may have to disable depending on their gateway or modem.
  • Changes Only can make Online - Can access using 192.168.68.1 - Under Advance>System>System Parameters
    •  Enable IGMP - Very surprised this is turned off as a default - This is used for casting and/or mirroring, which is very normal now.
  • Network Optimization - Seems broken after last firmware.  I never seen anything being updated or updates in the logs.  I went back to the previous frimware that seems to work.

I hope this helps people most of teh times like me...BUT would love for tp-link to offer a solution with whatcan be done.

Options
2021-06-06 15:19:45

@Mozer 

Has anyone found a solution to this - my teams is unworkable and concerned I've just thrown away a load of money for something that won't work. 
if it doesn't work with teams i cant use it....

Options
2021-06-06 15:43:47

@SebO I would suspect the problem is something else than Deco Mesh. I use MS Teams over VPN with my Deco M9+ V2 (firmware 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 59387) every day, and I don't see any problems using MS Teams.

Options
2021-06-07 13:43:50

@SebO 
This is not a fix, but a workaround. In my case, rebooting all units once-a-day (I do it first thing in the morning), seems to help. I talked to an engineer and was told to enable the guest network with only 5 G enabled. I noticed that the problem starts when a second laptop joins the network on the same node as I am. The switch to the guest network helps as a quick fix (since the reboot takes a couple of minutes). Hope this helps.

Options
2021-07-08 18:44:16 - last edited 2021-07-08 18:46:35

@Mozer 

@mshafffe111 

@TP-Link_Deco   

Hi,

Has there been any resolution for this issue for anyone here? I am having the same issue with my new Deco Mesh X20 system. Everything works great EXCEPT video/web confrencing where I expereince frequent freezing of the call.

I have had the same issues with freezing on 3 different platforms while on calls:

Zoom

Discord

MS Teams

All platforms start to exhibit freezing after a call has been connected for about 10 minutes. Once the freezing starts up each bout lasts 3-4 seconds, then it will clear for a minute or two and then reoccur. It is making all of these platforms unuseable on my laptop. I have tried some of the tips posted here and in other threads abou tthis issue. I'm dismayed to see so many reports and no follow ups regarding resolutions.

I have tested my connection without the Decos in play and everything works.

I have 3 Decos in my setup. The main node is in my dining room connected to the modem. This is a central location in my home and its the one my laptop uses. My office is just on the other side of the wall so I have full signal. There is a second unit in the living room at the front of the apartment and the third is in a storage room near the back of the apaprtment to get signal outside in the yard.

The speeds to all units is good. Firmware is up to date.

Speeds test to the affected laptop are showing max speeds coming to the machine.

I disabled mesh for the laptop in the app settings for that device

I disabled the 2.4GHz band

I set QOS for Chatting and prioritized my laptop

I disabled SIP ALG in the advances app settings 

I have rebooted the whole system multiple times.

I am at my wits end. I need to be able to use web confrencing for work and i use it for communicating with friends and family. I want to love this sytem. Everything else, including streaming video content from Netflix, YouTube etc is flawless on every device.

What is is about web conferencing that just fails so miserably? 

Options
Re:Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh-Solution
2021-07-09 02:22:44 - last edited 2021-07-09 02:22:50

@Spideyman 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers already and please have a check of your email box.

PS: If any users have the same issue, please refer to the suggestions on this link:

[Troubleshooting] Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/266994

Recommended Solution
Options