Troubleshooting Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco
This Article applies to:
All Deco models
Zoom/ Skype/ Microsoft Teams, and other Video Conference Platforms
Typical Problem Description:
1. After connecting to the Deco Wi-Fi, Zoom says that the signal is low. The video stutters and stops for long periods of time (sometimes more than 3 secs).
2. During a Zoom meeting, the video stutters, pauses & audio gets delayed even the wireless connection is pretty strong and wireless speed is fast.
Note: For the issue that the Zoom sessions could not be connected, or accessible, it is more related to the Pay-to-Surf category under the Parental Control settings, which has been fixed on the latest firmware already.
You may find similar feedback on other mesh systems when searching online, such as Google Nest Wi-Fi (click here to find details), Netgear Orbi (check here).
If you, unfortunately, encounter the similar issue, there are some useful suggestions shared by our users, you could give them a go one at a time:
1. Turn off the Mesh Technology on the device.
2. Turn off the Fast Roaming and Beamforming on the Deco APP > More > Advanced.
3. Enable the QoS for live-streaming and put the device into high priority.
4. Set up the Deco as an Access Point if there is an additional wireless router: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
5. Update the Deco firmware version to be the latest one per different models.
If any of these helped, please leave me a private message for notice, thanks.
If the issue still continued after applying the above suggestions, please send an email with the subject [Forum ID 266994] Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco to email@example.com with the following information:
1. The model number and firmware version of your Deco product.
2. Can I have a picture of the network topology of the Deco units, such as
3. Did all your wireless clients have the same issue, or just certain clients?
4. The frequency of Zoom video frozen/shuttering/lagging.