M5 losing WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 losing WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 losing WiFi
M5 losing WiFi
2020-07-18 11:50:01 - last edited 2020-07-28 00:49:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 build 20200221 rel 65392

I got the 3 disc m5 a few weeks ago, and I'm struggling with losing WiFi on all 3 intermittently.. The light goes red on all 3 at the same time it seems

I have a wired network around my house, directly from the (Vodafone) router, via wires and various switches. My wired devices still work when the m5 stop broadcasting. 

I have 3 floors in my 4 bed house.. One m5 next to the router on the ground floor, one in a room on the 1st floor (2nd if you're from the US), and 1 on the top floor. 

All of the m5 also have ethernet from my wired network attached. 

When they are working and I run speed tests from anywhere in the house, I get mostly full speed. 

The devices are fully updated, and I've attached screenshots of my advanced settings. 

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? 

TIA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M5 losing WiFi-Solution
2020-07-27 21:09:48 - last edited 2020-07-28 00:49:25

@TP-Link_Deco thanks for the reply.. I actually called tp-link and after resetting all 3, they seem to be working well. 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:M5 losing WiFi
2020-07-21 06:57:49

@Tripledrop 

Hello,

Do you mean all three Deco M5s are flashing red LEDs when the internet disconnects? At that time, are the wireless devices still connected to the TP-Link wifi but no internet access or they lost connection totally? 

Is the network topology like this: Vodafone router-switch-3 Deco M5s are connected to the switch or network by an Ethernet cable? If this is the case, try to switch all three Deco M5s into Access Point mode to give it a go.

Best regards. 

Options
Re:M5 losing WiFi-Solution
2020-07-27 21:09:48 - last edited 2020-07-28 00:49:25

@TP-Link_Deco thanks for the reply.. I actually called tp-link and after resetting all 3, they seem to be working well. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-28 00:48:33

@Tripledrop 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day

Options
2020-11-11 09:44:47

@TP-Link_Deco 

Since there is a thread on this topic, I will write you, guys, here, rather than opening a new one.

Same issue here, DECO M5, 3 units, set as AP.

Topology is as following:

Unit #1 connected to the router with CAT5E on the base floor/floor 1

Unit #2 that is considered Main unit is on the intermediate floor/floor 1.5, wireless (has a laptop attached to it through CAT5E)

Unit #3 connected to the router with CAT5E on the second floor

Unit #2 (considered main) is usually connected through unit #3, at least what I see in the app. My laptop is wired to unit #2 (mid floor) and it is losing connection very often, red dot or flashing red, and I cannot get a signal from it at all, so I reboot unit #3 once in a while (1-2 times a day). This fix the connection problem with unit #2 - and this is freaking annoying, especially in the middle of online meetings.

Wifi signal on floor 1, where the unit #1 is connected to the router can lose wifi, although I have a green dot on it. Again - restart the unit.

Very unstable behavior.

Options
2020-11-12 06:57:23

@TalCh 

Hello, thanks for reporting.

I remember you have reported a speed issue when using the Deco devices months ago, and it was concluded that the speed or signal was cut down by the thick walls in your house. As per this dropout issue now, I assume it may be still related to the distance and the wall barriers.

If this is the case, I'm afraid we cannot provide more suggestions but try to relocate the Deco units and try to find a location with better signal coverage to build up the stable connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 5

Related Articles