KL430 Light Strip Not Connecting to WiFi Network Despite Other TP-Link Smart Devices Connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL430 Light Strip Not Connecting to WiFi Network Despite Other TP-Link Smart Devices Connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 06:53:40 - last edited 2020-08-04 07:10:00

Having some difficulty connecting a KL430 light strip to my WiFi network. I've followed the Kasa setup instructions exactly but it always seems to stall at the 'Connecting Light Strip to Your Home Network' step. The light strip turns from green/orange to green/pulsing-white (while trying to connect), and then back to green/orange. Eventually, the Kasa app says 'Unable to Connect to Your WiFi Network'. The only suggestion Kasa offers is to check for typos in my WiFi network name and password, which of course I have done. 

I've tried all of the obvious things... Resetting the light strip by holding down the button for 10 seconds, deleting/re-installing the Kasa app, resetting WiFi router, ensuring the connection is to a 2.4 GHz network, ensuring WPA/WPA2 encryption, etc. It just doesn't seem to want to connect.

What's bizzare is that I've got a couple of HS100 smart plugs which I've connected without trouble to this WiFi network. Their setup worked first time and they've been operating perfectly since, so I don't understand why the KL430 setup is giving me grief.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Keen to get this up and running asap!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KL430 Light Strip Not Connecting to WiFi Network Despite Other TP-Link Smart Devices Connected-Solution
2020-08-04 07:09:44 - last edited 2020-08-04 07:10:00

@WSimoNZ 

Hi, sorry about that.

May I know the model number of your wireless router? Please try to change the 2.4G wireless channel on it to 6/11, change its wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the router and reconfigure the KL430 to see whether it will connect.

Please also refer to the below troubleshooting to narrow down the issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2229/

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:KL430 Light Strip Not Connecting to WiFi Network Despite Other TP-Link Smart Devices Connected-Solution
2020-08-04 07:09:44 - last edited 2020-08-04 07:10:00

@WSimoNZ 

Hi, sorry about that.

May I know the model number of your wireless router? Please try to change the 2.4G wireless channel on it to 6/11, change its wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the router and reconfigure the KL430 to see whether it will connect.

Please also refer to the below troubleshooting to narrow down the issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2229/

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:KL430 Light Strip Not Connecting to WiFi Network Despite Other TP-Link Smart Devices Connected
2020-08-16 05:15:01

@Brook Router is a NetComm Wireless (VDSL2/ADSL2+ Dual Band AC1600 Gigabit Gateway with VoIP) which was provided by my ISP. Security is already on WPA2-PSK. Not sure what you mean by changing the channel to 6/11 or AES; can't seem to find the option to change these in the settings.

I recently installed the latest update to the Kasa app too. Still no luck unfortunately.

Thanks,

Simon

Options
Re:KL430 Light Strip Not Connecting to WiFi Network Despite Other TP-Link Smart Devices Connected
2020-08-21 01:38:20

@WSimoNZ 

Hello,

If this is the case, can you please confirm again if there is any special setting on your wireless router like access control or MAC filtering? If there is such setting, try to disable it and try to add the KL430 again.

BTW, please tell me the MAC address of this KL430 via the personal message and we will check further, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3972

Replies: 3