Too many Apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Too many Apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Too many Apps
Too many Apps
2020-07-21 10:41:03 - last edited 2020-07-21 12:30:12
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi Tp-Link,

Can you integrate all your apps into one? 
I have the Deco x20, Kasa Smart Power Strip and a bunch of Tapo C200s.. 

because of that, I now have the Deco app, Kasa app and Tapo app.. it would be so much more easier to manage all the apps in one. Also, do you guys have plans to integrate IoT devices with Homekit anytime soon? Would love the sense of security and privacy.

Thank you,

Hevind

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Too many Apps-Solution
2020-07-21 12:29:57 - last edited 2020-07-21 12:30:12

@Hevind 

Hello,

The Deco, Kasa, and Tapo are different product lines/Intelligent House Systems, and that is why they are controlled by different APPs. If you have different kinds of products, you need to use different APPs to manage and control them. 

Meanwhile, your suggestions will be forwarded to the related department and they will evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Too many Apps-Solution
2020-07-21 12:29:57 - last edited 2020-07-21 12:30:12

@Hevind 

Hello,

The Deco, Kasa, and Tapo are different product lines/Intelligent House Systems, and that is why they are controlled by different APPs. If you have different kinds of products, you need to use different APPs to manage and control them. 

Meanwhile, your suggestions will be forwarded to the related department and they will evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Too many Apps
2021-12-26 09:34:12

@Hevind I second this concern.  I thought I'd buy all my house automation items from one brand to keep things simple and centrally managed. If there is no advantage to buying all TP-Link then the next items I buy may be from a different brand.  Customers don't care about TP-Links internal structures and marketing. We see one brand and want things to work together.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 512

Replies: 2

Related Articles