Powerline Adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline Adapters
Powerline Adapters
2020-07-22 10:40:12 - last edited 2020-07-23 01:30:14
Model: TL-PA4010  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi so i just got this powerline for a better internet connection with my device i was using wifi for my ps4 which is on the first floor where my router is on the ground floor and i took this product , so the third lamp wont open with any device im trying to connect it with my one of the 2 adapters i ve also tried changing them position a iv tried pretty much everything actually thats why im here 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapters
2020-07-23 05:40:36 - last edited 2020-07-23 05:54:13

@Kami12 

Hello,

Please put the TL-PA4010 and your router in the same room.

Then please press the PAIR button on the adapters for 10s, if you can see all the lights blinking once, it means that you reset the adapters successfully.

Please press the PAIR button to configure them, here is a FAQ you can refer to set up them:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/258/

Please check the firmware of the adapter, if it is not the latest version, please upgrade it to the latest version

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1614/

Did you change different devices connect to the adapters, did the Third light keep off all the time?

BTW, when did you buy this product and when did this issue happen?

May it help and have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-23 06:22:58

@Solla-topee Hey thanks for replying ,

I did try different device and the third light kept off , cables seemed to be fine as i changed them too i also tried to reset them and the same think was happening , i ordered them online 3 days ago or so and they arrived to my house 2 days ago and i ve got this problem since then 

Options
2020-07-23 06:23:58
How and where can i update the version
Options
2020-07-28 05:48:32

@Kami12 

Hi, please help check the below information first:

Can you take a picture of the light status on each adapter? The third Ethernet light is off on each adapter?

May I know the type of the cable when you connect the device to the powerline unit?

It is suggested to use the CAT6 to connect.

Please connect the same device to router with the same cable to test if the PC can get internet.

When you try to press pair button on the adapter for 15 seconds, can you see all the lights turn off once?

Then you connect the PC to the powerline unit, the third light is still off?

May I know your region? When and where you bought the powerline device?

Have you saved the purchase proof?

Look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 4

Related Articles