Cannot get IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot get IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot get IP address
Cannot get IP address
2020-07-23 15:17:30 - last edited 2020-11-12 08:22:20
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My setup is as below :=

Cable Modem -> TL-SG105 (Device A)

TL-SG105 (Device A) Port 1 -> WiFI Router

TL-SG105 (Device A) Port 2 -> TL-SG105 (Device B)

TL-SG105 (Device B) -> A couple of desktops

This configuration was working a few days ago. Some firmware upgrade must have happened somewhere that I am unable to get the desktops to connect. If I unplug the WiFI Router from DeviceA, desktops get the IP address and are able to connect.

I have swapped the ports of the WiFI Router and Device B in Device A and that didnt help.

I would be very grateful for any pointers to the solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot get IP address
2021-04-11 10:47:42

@RajeshN Hi, i got the same problem.

Router (LAN1) -> Switch (TL-SG1008D on port1)  -> TL-WA860RE (Port1) / TL-WA860RE (Port2) / TL-WA860RE (Port3) / TL-WA860RE (Port4) / TL-WA860RE (Port5) / TL-RE200 (Port6) / TL-WA860RE (Port6)

Any port works, except Port6 and Port3

The LED on port6 (TP-RE200) blinks but any second, not continiously blinking. The other one on Port3 (860RE) not at all.

I always checked the cable etc, but i dont found any solution :(

can be something else ?

Options
Re:Cannot get IP address
2021-04-23 08:38:38

@Desky 

What if you swap the other range extenders to the port 6 and port 3, will it get a connection? If the issue is related to the port, there might be a port failure on both port 6 and port 3. 

Please contact the local support to confirm if it is still in the warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1687

Replies: 3

Related Articles