Is it possible to block specific websites for every single device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 22:36:03 - last edited 2020-07-27 02:53:30
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I've tried TP-Link's support and drawn a blank, so I figured if anyone had any solutions. I'm trying to blacklist certain websites - not because they're adult but because I want to stop them distracting me. I know, there's a whole other argument about self discipline there...

My previous 4G router, a Huawei B311, let me blacklist a website. So if I put reddit.com in, I couldn't access reddit.com from any device that connected to the router. No need to add device IDs, or specify time blocks.

However, the TP Link's interface has more functions but does less in a weird way. If I want to block a website I have to add a device, add a time block - eg every day and hour in the week. But I can't see a way to block a website for every single device that could attach to the network in future.

Anyone know how to do this? It seems like such a simple thing.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it possible to block specific websites for every single device?
2020-07-30 06:57:07

@Donson 

Hi, for your issue, you can only set up parental control to achieve to block a website for the specific clients which connected to the router's network.

Note: Parental Controls allows you to block inappropriate and malicious websites, and control access to specific websites at specific time for your children’s devices. 

You can follow the instruction to set it up. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1686/

However, it only takes effect to the specific clients you chose. There is no way to make it effect for every single device that may connect the network in the future. 

You can only make a rule for this device, then the router will take effect for this device.

The function takes effect based on the rules you set up. 

Hope it will help you.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 1

Related Articles