4G outside antenna compatible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 11:40:55 - last edited 2020-07-29 09:21:11
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am in a quandry, i have a TP-LINK MR6400 4g lte router and i am trying to set up an outside antenna for it and would like to know if its actually compatible for an outside antenna?, it has two aerial ports and i have linked both into a single cable antenna, then i connected the antenna to the router via a 20m cable and ended up with a weaker signal with 1 bar on the router then i connected the antenna directly to the router and got 4 bars but didn't have time to test the internet etc, so i am presuming the cheap cable i bought is no good as well as not knowing if i have the right setup, the antenna is a Poynting omni 280,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Kevin

Options
1 Reply
Re:4G outside antenna compatible?
2020-07-30 06:40:26

@Kevinski66 

Hi, for your issue, can you check the hardware version of the device?

The Archer MR6400 has five different hardware versions. There are two different types of external antennas on the TP-Link LTE Gateway routers, LTE antenna and Wi-Fi antenna, it may vary from the hardware versions with the same model number.

Please check it first.

Thank you! Good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 1