Deco M5 - solid red lights on all decos after electricity outage/surge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 15:25:03 - last edited 2020-08-04 14:08:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi - first post here and first issue with my Deco M5s that I've for 2.5 years and have pretty much worked flawlessly during that time.

However, today we received a very short power outage/shock (ceiling lights flashed etc) and whilst everything else has reset itself, these haven't.

I read a thread entitled "Solid red LED - crashed Deco units" dated back in Sept 2018 and it appears the best solution is that the Decos need to be completely reset. Is that really the case?

Can anyone help with suggesting a better alternative? Highly inconvenient having to do a complete reset.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 - solid red lights on all decos after electricity outage/surge-Solution
2020-07-28 08:57:32 - last edited 2020-08-04 14:08:24

@redbull33 

Hello, please try the below suggestions:

1. Switch off your modem/router and the Deco units

2. Restart your modem/router, wait until it starts up successfully

3. Once the modem/router is fully up and running again, start the Deco units

If the above doesn't help, please provide the below info and we will investigate further:

1. What is the current network topology? How many Deco units do you have in total and how are they connected?

2. After this short power outage/shock, is your modem/router still running properly? Are all the Decos showing red LEDs?

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - solid red lights on all decos after electricity outage/surge-Solution
2020-07-28 08:57:32 - last edited 2020-08-04 14:08:24

@redbull33 

Hello, please try the below suggestions:

1. Switch off your modem/router and the Deco units

2. Restart your modem/router, wait until it starts up successfully

3. Once the modem/router is fully up and running again, start the Deco units

If the above doesn't help, please provide the below info and we will investigate further:

1. What is the current network topology? How many Deco units do you have in total and how are they connected?

2. After this short power outage/shock, is your modem/router still running properly? Are all the Decos showing red LEDs?

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 - solid red lights on all decos after electricity outage/surge
2020-08-04 14:09:00
Thanks, just to confirm that after a couple of tries of this, the Decos restarted. Thanks for your help
Options
2020-08-05 02:07:33

@redbull33 

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that it was resolved. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Options
2021-06-29 19:43:42

@TP-Link_Deco 

i had a power outage yesterday and all 3 M5 decos have stopped working. I've tried the modem off/restart method to no avail. I've reset and tried 2 as the main unit and it still won't connect suggesting an internet link issue. Modem connection is fine (Vodafone) and working on wifi. As the decos are not 'registered' in the app any more I cannot see another option!

Options
2021-07-21 05:03:39 - last edited 2021-07-21 05:04:21

Everytime there is a power outage, my Deco M4R turns red. I need to reset them and start the installation all over again. My older router (Not from tp-link) works fine and I am planning to return the Deco back. Extremely frustrating to install the Deco twice a day and connect all my devices again

Options
2021-11-09 03:00:57

@HarshaBlr 

i facing the same issue. Power off, many times M4 doesn't come up. Only solution is reboot and reconfigue. 

Options
2021-11-09 10:29:14 - last edited 2021-11-09 10:31:00

@Itsmetanmay 

Hi, would you be kind to help me check the following information:

1. may I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of your ISP modem?

2. what is your internet connection type, dynamic IP, or PPPoE?

3. Are you able to reproduce the same issue most of the time?

--if yes, next time when the same issue started again, please go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 and save a picture of this page.

Thank you very much.

PS: if anyone happened to have the same issue, please also remember to check the following information.

Then you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com.

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4412

Replies: 7