Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 09:40:58 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:59:22
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Hi, i want to set a fixed ip address to mi second Deco M4 device. I can't find the way to configure the IP address of this device neither through the web GUI nor the Android app. Even i've tried to add this device to the address reserved devices list, but i can't set manually the MAC address to add devices to this list and this device doesn't show in the selectable deices list.

Anyone can help me?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device-Solution
2020-08-03 07:58:24 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:59:22

@mgurreta 

Sorry, we currently cannot set a fixed IP address for the satellite Deco.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device
2020-07-30 06:38:09

@mgurreta 

Hello,

Do you mean you want to set a static IP address for the 2nd Deco M4 in the mesh network? May I know the reason why you need to do this?

As per the current address reservation settings, we can only add a device from the DHCP list, we cannot add a device manually.

Sorry about that.

Options
2020-07-30 11:07:45

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, yes a want to set a fix IP address to the second Deco M4 device. My OCD needs to fix this IP address laugh.

The second Deco M4 use DHCP address asigment but it isn't listed in the DHCP list, so i'm not able to fix the IP reservation.

Regards

Options
Re:Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device-Solution
2020-08-03 07:58:24 - last edited 2020-08-03 07:59:22

@mgurreta 

Sorry, we currently cannot set a fixed IP address for the satellite Deco.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-25 17:40:23

@mgurreta Any update on this feature ? 

Options
2021-04-26 02:20:23

@Poornachandra 

Hi, it is still not available yet, and may I know why you want to set up a fixed IP address for satellite Deco units?

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-26 17:57:31

Hi @TP-Link ,im facing problem with satalite deco obtaining ip adress of non DHCP ip range and causing it self to restart continuously, as the ip would have already been assigned to another device

Options
2021-04-27 02:33:11

@Poornachandra 

Hi, normally it is not supposed to happen.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Can I have a picture of your network topology?
  2. May I know the LAN IP address/subnet mask as well as the DHCP IP pool on the Deco APP;
  3. What is the IP address that you have assigned for another device?
  4. When satellite Deco obtained the same IP address and restated, would it get a different IP address or get the same one again and again?

Thank you.

Options
2021-07-04 23:37:36

I have a similar issue with my deco m5 devices. One of my deco m5 is connected to broadband an acting as the router.

And my secondary M5 was connected to mesh via wifi. But recently used ethernet backhaul. Then my secondary is disconnecting time to time.

When I check, i think it is getting an ip conflict as it gets an ip already used by some other device in the network.

So i prefer if i can fix an IP for the secondary devices.

BR,

Gayan

Options
2021-07-20 17:10:56

Hi @TP-Link_Deco,

We have a server running on a fixed IP for long. Recently we switched to Deco mesh system for better roaming WiFi in the office. After we setup everything, we found one of the Deco satellite routers is fighting the server to obtain the same IP address(192.168.x.250) which caused constant reboot on that device. We don't want to change the server IP, so could you consider adding this feature to the new firmware? It would be really helpful to us. Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhe

Options
2021-07-20 20:19:57

@BestRadarTech 

BestRadarTech wrote

We have a server running on a fixed IP for long. Recently we switched to Deco mesh system for better roaming WiFi in the office. After we setup everything, we found one of the Deco satellite routers is fighting the server to obtain the same IP address(192.168.x.250) which caused constant reboot on that device. We don't want to change the server IP...

That one has an easy solution. Your server is configured with static IP address. Change server configuration to dynamic IP address and use Deco app Address Reservation feature to assign a fixed IP address to server.

The end result will be the same, your server will always have static IP address as far as your network is concerned, but satellite Deco units will no longer conflict with it.

How to configure Address Reservation with Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4704

Replies: 15

Related Articles