The Tapo device can only be controlled locally?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 14:05:54
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

I have got 3 of 4 cameras working fine but 4th says can only be controlled locally?

Tried removing camera from system and re- pairing several times, tried rebooting home router several times. Tried resetting the camera via reset button on camera several times. Logged into Virgin Media router but no option to change DNS server. If 3 of 4 cameras work, then I dont see why the DNS server would need changing anyway. I've seen others in this forum have same issue with C200 also, but no solution? Can anyone help?

Note, I initially had one camera which I set up fine with no issues. Then about 2 months ago, I added another camera to system and had this issue. After resetting several times, I managed to get that camera to work ok and could access remotely. Today, I got 2 more cameras. The first of these connected without issue and can access remotely. The second has this issue and I just can't rectify it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:The Tapo device can only be controlled locally?
2020-07-29 14:30:49
Update: Just removed memory card, reset camera again via reset button on camera. Then moved camera to another part of house, reinserted memory card, powered on and paired through app and it is now working fine? Only thing I did notice when going through set up/pairing steps again was, once the camera had connected to WiFi, it went to the next step by itself instead of me having to go to WiFi settings on phone to select the home network.
Options