Deco M4 WiFi keeps disconnecting intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 15:38:32 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:50:14
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20200628 Rel. 48846

I am using Deco M4 (2 packs). 1st main Deco is at the first floor connected wired to the modem, 2nd Deco unit is connected wired from the 1st Deco unit at the ground floor. 

I am experiencing intermittent connection loss with my phone. The WiFi disconnected my phone then my phone connects back to the wifi automatically. It also happen to most of the mobile device in the house. I noticed this issue happened since I got the Deco M4. Did not have this issue with my previous router. It disconnects the most while I'm watching video like youtube, netflix.

When my phone wifi is disconnected, LED status is white. Both deco is online.

Currently I do not have this issue with my laptop. While playing game or doing any work on the laptop, I do not notice any connectivity losses.

I've tried to restart and reboot the router, disconnect the 2nd Deco and use only the one Deco, disable beamforming, disable fast roaming, swapping both deco units. Issue is still occuring. I've updated to the latest firmware.

Would appreciate if you could give me any insight to this issue.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 WiFi keeps disconnecting intermittently-Solution
2020-10-28 09:49:44 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:50:14

@nmlp 

Hello, is your Deco connection exactly the same as DanielSaw's? Are the two Deco M4 nodes on different floors?

How many devices or phones are connected to the wireless network, are they connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Is there any error message when they got disconnected and reconnect? 

Please kindly help check the details as we asked DanielSaw before, thanks:

1. When this disconnect/reconnect issue occurs, did your smartphones still find this Deco wireless network? What will happen when you try to connect again, is there any error message like unable to connect? BTW, are these phones are connecting to the Deco 2.4G or 5G network?

2. Are the mobile phones got disconnected from the Deco wireless when they are moving around or staying in the same location?

3. Please provide the model number of those mobile phones which have the disconnection issue, ensure the OS version is up-to-date.

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Deco M4 WiFi keeps disconnecting intermittently
2020-07-30 03:35:38

@DanielSaw 

Hello,

Cause laptop works well with the Deco network, which means the Deco mesh network should be working fine. If only some mobile phones have this problem, please try some troubleshooting first.

1. When this disconnect/reconnect issue occurs, did your smartphones still find this Deco wireless network? What will happen when you try to connect again, is there any error message like unable to connect? BTW, are these phones are connecting to the Deco 2.4G or 5G network?

2. Are the mobile phones got disconnected from the Deco wireless when they are moving around or staying in the same location?

3. Please provide the model number of those mobile phones which have the disconnection issue, ensure the OS version is up-to-date.

Let me know if the issue is resolved or not, thanks.

Options
2020-10-28 07:24:12 - last edited 2020-10-28 08:13:39

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello, I have the same issue with same configuration above.
for an instant my phone wireless disconnect and reconnect.

First Deco connected by cable and configured in AP mode.

Options
Re:Deco M4 WiFi keeps disconnecting intermittently-Solution
2020-10-28 09:49:44 - last edited 2020-10-28 09:50:14

@nmlp 

Hello, is your Deco connection exactly the same as DanielSaw's? Are the two Deco M4 nodes on different floors?

How many devices or phones are connected to the wireless network, are they connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Is there any error message when they got disconnected and reconnect? 

Please kindly help check the details as we asked DanielSaw before, thanks:

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-28 11:36:09 - last edited 2020-10-28 11:42:35

hello, I have 2 Deco-M4 in AP mode. First is cabled to Router CAT06 and second Deco is upstair but near (good signal wireless).

quetion 1. in my mobiles I lost connection wireless from Deco and next reconect

question2. no when I moved in house they still conected to  Deco

question3. one is new Samsung and other is Xperia Z2

Options
2021-01-01 20:03:10

@DanielSaw did you ever get this fixed because i belive im having the same problem how did you fix yours?

Options
2021-01-14 13:43:58
I reset and swap both the units, the unit that was initially the main is now the 2nd unit while the unit that was initially the 2nd unit is now the main unit. It works for me now
Options
2021-02-03 18:52:38

I had the same issue when I first installed my M4's. Wired into my Asus modem as an AP, then the 2nd M4 wired into the first. To avoid resetting devices I used my old Wifi SID, but I found that changing this to something else solved the issue. Been perfect for months. 

Over the weekend I had fibre installed and moved my modem to the fibre access point, have a new network cable running to the 1st Deco from the same modem and the rest stays the same. But now I have the issue where devices keep disconnecting.. Wondering if I need to change my wifi SID again, but that means I need to reconfigure around 30 wifi switchs. 

Options
2021-04-23 01:48:41

I'm having the same issue. I bought a 3 pack, one is connected to the main modem and the other two are connected wirelessly. 
I get a red light on Deco for few seconds and then it goes away but for the duration of the red light is on, my internet is also gone.
I'm new to all this so I'd love to get a feedback/fix or is it an issue with my modem/isp.

Thank You

Options
2021-04-23 01:58:06

@AyushRaj 

Hi,

Was the red light on the main Deco?

And may I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of your ISP modem?

How about the dropping frequency of the red lights?

If possible, could you please log into http://tplinkdeco.net and help me save the system log on the Deco?

Later we would be love to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-23 18:48:44

Just an update

Seems like the problem has been resolved for now. I changed the ISP Router and resetted the Decos. They are working fine, better than before

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 14641

Replies: 13

Related Articles