Kasa Smart Wi-Fi plug slim, model KP-105. It disconnected from my WiFi and cannot reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Smart Wi-Fi plug slim, model KP-105. It disconnected from my WiFi and cannot reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 17:39:41
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a Kasa Smart Wi-Fi plug slim, model KP-105. It disconnected from my WiFi and cannot reconnect. I have tried factory resetting it but it now refuses to connect to our WiFi network despite finding the network on the setup.

I have a kasa smart strip plug that works perfectly. So it seems to be an issue with the slim plug.

Please help or replace

thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Wi-Fi plug slim, model KP-105. It disconnected from my WiFi and cannot reconnect
2020-07-29 18:54:41
Try a different outlet, maybe closer to the router - they can be a bit susceptible to line and RF noise. Since you've had it connected before you know your router is fine - try to avoid changing any settings there, or change it back if you did and it caused the device to disconnect. It might be dead and if so you'll need to contact TP Link.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Kasa Smart Wi-Fi plug slim, model KP-105. It disconnected from my WiFi and cannot reconnect
2020-07-29 19:58:49

@MikeP thanks for the suggestion. Have already tried that. Seems to be a failed unit.

will contact TP direct. Thanks

Options
2020-07-30 14:10:42
Sorry for that :(. The wifi doesn't fail all that often though so it might be worth trying a few more things. If it's not flashing after setup it may have completed but your phone re-connected to your 5GHz signal and can't find the switch. Force your phone onto your 2.4GHz signal (rename the 5GHz SSID if necessary) to see if it's there. If it's flashing amber try moving it around - it's struggling to connect. If it's still alternate flashing that's an odd way to fail (wifi is working but can't connect in STA mode?) but I suppose it's possible - I'd try a few different locations to be sure.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-07-31 06:15:22

@MikeP Hi Mike, I contacted Amazon who replaced the unit. New one arrived and works perfectly so must have been a faulty unit. Thanks for the help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1248

Replies: 4