Is this possible? If so, what Deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-30 13:12:47 - last edited 2020-08-03 09:57:03

Hi all,

My first post on here. Not an IT wizard so apologies in advance if stupid question.

I currently have 4 additional wired ethernet ports around my house delivering +500mbps. Despite this, wifi coverage remains really poor - I live in an old house.

I was thinking about acquiring a mesh system but I have a question about the best mode of operation - given I already have the 4 ethernet ports would it be possible for the Deco Whole Home Wifi kit to be wired into each port whilst retaining the mesh wifi.

I was working on the assumption that with all nodes being wired into the +500mbps ports it would lead to considerably better wifi around the home. 

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Is this possible? If so, what Deco?-Solution
2020-08-03 09:56:06 - last edited 2020-08-03 09:57:03

@Moore1984 

Hello Alan,

Yes, all the Deco devices can be wired to the existing Ethernet ports with cables in your house, which will build up the mesh network with Ethernet backhaul.

What's Ethernet backhaul?

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Is this possible? If so, what Deco?-Solution
2020-08-03 09:56:06 - last edited 2020-08-03 09:57:03

@Moore1984 

Hello Alan,

Yes, all the Deco devices can be wired to the existing Ethernet ports with cables in your house, which will build up the mesh network with Ethernet backhaul.

What's Ethernet backhaul?

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 478

Replies: 1

Related Articles