Please help... Bought the tp link av 600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-30 19:52:30 - last edited 2020-07-31 00:36:24

Hi, just bought this off Amazon. Plugged in the main plug near skyq hub, used the ethernet. All good. Plugged in both extenders into same room wall sockets, paired both by clicking pair on smaller plug, pair on underside of both extenders.. after a few seconds of flashes, both extenders show 3 lights. Top top mid.. and bottom one, the WiFi.. solid greens. Is this now working please ?? I can see one additional WiFi to link on my phone's WiFi list...I've plugged them into sockets around the house and don't see any significant improvement in WiFi speed. Is there an app to tell me everything is fine ??? Initially I tried connecting using the password on the extender..

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please help... Bought the tp link av 600
2020-07-31 09:37:44

@MrTedd 

Hi, sir, please don't worry. We will try our best to help you identify and solve the issue.

As your description that both extenders show 3 lights: power, house, Wi-Fi, it seems that the extenders are working fine.

Since you only press pair button to set up the extender, the extenders may keep its default Wi-Fi name which begins with TP-Link.

You can check the white label printed on the back of the two extenders.

The SSID (Wi-Fi name) and wireless password is printed there. You can check if you can see the Wi-Fi name and if you can get internet from it.

If you can, it means all the powerline devices are working well. You can move the two extenders to another places where you want the internet.

Actually, we have the software tpPLC utility. You can download it on your PC and can manage all the powerline units very easily.

You can check it from this link. https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220t-kit/#Utility

We also have the APP which lets you conveniently view and manage your TP-Link powerline devices via your smart device. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220t-kit/#Apps

Hope this answer can help you!

If not, please also tell us the correct model number of your device since AV600 is not the correct one and your issue in detail.

Good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1