Help unbricking my Tp-link Archer C6 EU version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 06:19:08 - last edited 2020-07-31 07:05:17
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Openwrt

Hi all,

I've recently decided to try out the new stock firmware by tplink. I flashed my router to that which was sucessful but now when I try to flash it back to Openwrt it doesnt work.

I have followed the steps but it doesn't seem to work. Whenever I turn the router on the WPS light goes on and stays on (it's not a flashing light but a solid light). Also when I connect my computer into one of the LAN ports it assign me a 169.254.xxx.xxx

I am connected to it from my laptop using a usb to 100mb ethernet adapter. I have sucessfully flashed it multiple times before this way without problems but now it doesn't work.

If anyone know a way to fix this please let me know.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help unbricking my Tp-link Archer C6 EU version-Solution
2020-07-31 07:05:12 - last edited 2020-07-31 07:05:17

@Tony55694 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems that the router is damaged when you tried to flash the firmware back. According to the warranty policy, we may not be able to help you replace it since you flashed the OpenWRT firmware.

But you may refer to the below TFTP firmware recovery will help:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/582

Good luck.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help unbricking my Tp-link Archer C6 EU version-Solution
2020-07-31 07:05:12 - last edited 2020-07-31 07:05:17

@Tony55694 

Hello,

As per your description, it seems that the router is damaged when you tried to flash the firmware back. According to the warranty policy, we may not be able to help you replace it since you flashed the OpenWRT firmware.

But you may refer to the below TFTP firmware recovery will help:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/582

Good luck.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1998

Replies: 1

Related Articles