Deco P9 - Constant disconnects with 5ghz on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 15:39:17
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel. 52023

I have had these 3 Devo P9 units for a little over a month now, and they worked fine for the first week or so. After that I began suffering wireless disconnects throughout the day. All wireless devices lose connection, but all my wired devices remain fine so I know its not my ISP messing up. I read online to turn off the 5gz band and when I did that, the connection remains completely stable... but now im stuck on slow 2.4. I would really like to be able to use 5gz considering I paid all this money for these devices. When I turn on 5gz now it will work for a few hours or even a whole day, but evetually the drops start again and the only solution has been to turn off that band. Has this issue been observed before and is there a fix?

My Decos are set up in router mode. Main deco connected via ethernet to my modem, two other downstairs are wireless. The LEDs on main deco are NOT red when the drops happen, and as stated before wired connection is still working fine during the drop periods. I am in the same room, maybe 15 feet away from main deco so I'm definitely close enough for 5ghz connection. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Constant disconnects with 5ghz on
2020-08-03 10:10:14

@jimmyblain 

Hello,

Please confirm some basic info so that we can speed up the whole process and offer a solution:

1. Refer to the troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue and confirm if the whole system is unstable or just the satellite P9 is disconnecting from the main P9:
Unstable connection with Deco

2. What is the detailed network diagram and how Deco P9s connected? Do you mean the LED status on all Deco P9s is solid green when the network disconnects?

3. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

4. Are all clients disconnecting from the network or just some of them? Is the wireless still connected but showing no internet access or it got disconnected from the network? If it still shows connected but no internet, please confirm what is the IP address and gateway on that computer or phone.

Thanks for your cooperation and look forward to your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 1