DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode
2021-03-15 02:55:14

@thierry_w 

Can you please confirm if the AX50 is connected to the main router via LAN or WAN? What if you change it to access point mode manually by connecting to the AX50 to the main router via LAN, and disable the DHCP server on the AX50 like this?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/  (Case 2)

BTW, our engineers are still working on this as mentioned by Alexander_S, we will update here once we have a solution.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-15 16:33:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for getting back to me.

When I reported the issue it was connected to the main router via WAN.

Yes, I have managed to have upnp working the way you called "changing it to access point mode manually": keeping it in rooter mode but connecting to the AX50 to the main router via LAN, disabling the DHCP server on the AX50, and setting a static ip address on the same network as the main router.

It shows that the AP mode is somehow broken, but thank you for the workaround.

I stil hope you'll manage to properly fix AP mode.

Thanks

Options
2021-03-16 01:11:22

@thierry_w 

Thank you very much for getting back with the valued update, it's glad to know manually change it to AP mode works. The tech team was made aware of your issue, they are analyzing, and we will update the solution here.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-11 08:10:47

@Kevin_Z unfortunately I am still waiting for your engineers to fix this problem or getting back in contact with me. I just mailed the support again.

This was the last conversation on March 15th:

=====================================

Date: 15.03.21 04:06 (GMT+01:00)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your valued reply.

Could you please provide us with the model number of your TV and NAS?

I will forward this case to the R&D department to check if they can reproduce and fix the problem.

​We look forward to hearing back from you. If you have additional information or feedback to provide, please let us know.

Best Regards

----------------------------------------------

TP-Link Technical Support

=======================================
2021-03-15 07:12:23.0 ----- FROM xx@xx. de TO support.forum@tp-link. com 

Good Morning, 

my NAS is a Synology DS418j, my TV a Samsung UE48JU6050U.

Best regards,

Alexander Straub

=====================================

Date: 15.03.21 08:51 (GMT+01:00)

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the information.

I will contact you as soon as the R&D department gets back to me.

​We look forward to hearing back from you. If you have additional information or feedback to provide, please let us know.

Best Regards

----------------------------------------------

TP-Link Technical Support

Options
2021-06-15 07:19:25

@Alexander_S 

Hi, I guess they have contacted you via email already, please check.

Options
2021-10-12 08:10:29

@Kevin_Z  

Unfortunately the problem is still not solved. I am in contact with yout collagues Sarah Xiao and Ives Lin and they told me, it is a "client specific" issue and they wanted to give me a beta firmware with disabled IGMP snooping and proxy in AP mode, what seems to be the problem for thje DLNA detection.

Except for this behavior, I am very happy with your router and want to keep it. Otherwise, if this problem isn't solved by you, the only solution seems to be selling my TP-Link AX50 and buy another Non-TP-Link-product. 

Options
2021-10-12 09:01:08

@Alexander_S 

Did they provide you the beta firmware?

Options
2021-10-12 12:49:03

@Kevin_Z no, not until now.

Options
2021-10-13 06:18:29

@Alexander_S 

I have reminded them to follow it up.

Options
Re:DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode-Solution
2021-10-28 08:43:18 - last edited 2021-10-28 08:43:30

@thierry_w  @Michal2121  @Alexander_S  @Mihail.M 

Hello all, our developer has provided beta firmware for the Archer AX50, which includes the IGMP option, so you can choose to disable or enable it from the router web GUI.

If anyone experiences the same issue that the DLNA server doesn't work or show up when connecting to the Archer AX50 (AX50 is working in AP mode), please download and install the beta firmware below, then try to disable the IGMP Snooping/Proxy to check if the issue can be resolved:

Archer AX50_V1_211025

Note: Be sure you have read The Beta Test Agreement before proceeding!

Let the community know if the issue persists or gets resolved, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles