Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-03 14:31:25 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:09:47
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197

Several times a day I get a connection drop which has started to become very annoying. I finally decided to look at the logs for the router and have been seeing a teardown and release every time I experience one of these connection drops. I've looked it up and have seen some others have experienced this same problem but there are no public solutions posted, only we will email you.

Much like this post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/218114. I don't want to post my logs because it give out my ip, but the logs are [number]teardown and release followed up by a [number]send dhcp release ip. How can I fix this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection-Solution
2021-07-20 03:09:36 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:09:47

Hello, as we can confirm that the "Teardown and Release" issue should have been addressed already, and it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

Download link for the latest firmware:

Archer A7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

Archer C7_V5: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware

If any of you still encounters the "Teardown and Release" issue, please confirm some basic information as below:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the A7/C7, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

2. Check and ensure the internet line or ISP modem is stable, bypassing the TP-Link router. Connect the PC directly to the ISP modem (or internet cable from wall), test and monitor the internet connectivity, ensure you have a stable connection. Check this guide for more suggestions: [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Teardown and Release is causing my router to lose connection
2020-08-04 07:33:37

@Buckeye21 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem? Please ensure your modem has a stable connection before we troubleshoot with the Archer A7.

We will email you later, please respond if you are willing to follow it up.

Good days.

Options
2020-08-04 07:50:52
I have WOW internet
Options
2020-08-28 13:26:08

Hi @Kevin_Z ,

I am experiencing the same issue on my Archer C7.

Firmware: 1.0.15 Build 20200628 rel.63501(4341)

Hardware: Archer C7 v5.0

Were you able to determine the root cause of this issue for Buckeye?

My internet provider is Bell Aliant and has been tested to be a stable connection. Issue is only occuring since the Archer V5.0 router was installed (Was using an Archer C7 v4.0 before, but upgraded to a V5.0 to use with OneMesh. Also temporarily had a loaner Meraki router which also worked without connection drops).

Are you able to assist with debugging?

Thanks!

Options
2020-08-31 06:49:57

@JPart 

Sure, we will contact you via email, please check your email box and respond, thanks.

Options
2020-10-01 15:13:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi 

Do you have a solution for this ? I have the exactly same problem, it drop exactly every 490 seconds ( 8 min 9/10 sec).

I have Archer c6 V2  with firmware of 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

I have switched to my older router and doesnt' occur.

Thanks

Sathish

Options
2020-10-06 18:27:28

@Kevin_Z I am also having the same issue. Running with Verizon FIOS. Any resolution yet?

Thank you!,

Options
2020-10-06 20:52:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I have started seeing this issue this morning.

My ISP is Comcast and my router is Archer A9 with most recent firmware.

Options
2020-10-07 21:18:52

@Kevin_Z  I am having the same issue. Started when I updated the firmware on my router.

Options
2020-10-14 05:44:02

@Sathish_in 

Hello, thanks for asking. While the issue on your C6 seems different from others on this post, it is suggested to open your own thread.

For your specific issue, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?
1. Only the 2.4GHz wireless is unstable, how about 5GHz and wired connections,  are they working just fine?
2. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network? Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? When they got disconnected, is the wireless network of the Archer C6 still broadcasting or the wireless network is no longer available on all other devices as well?
3. If only the 2.4GHz wireless is not stable, try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
4. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6 or just wait and it will reconnect automatically?

Good days~

Options
2020-10-14 05:51:12

@Steve48   @Tlove 

Hi, are you both encountering the same Teardown and Release issue on your Archer A7? Please help verify below and we will try to help you out:

1. What is the current firmware version of your A7? Ensure it is the latest on the local official website:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

2. What is the model number of your modem? Please ensure your modem has a stable connection before we troubleshoot with the Archer A7.

3. Kindly share with us some system log on your A7.

Thanks a lot~

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4193

Replies: 18

Related Articles